Bellevue, Washington in circa 2004 vs 2008.

Folks....you have to remember that Bellevue also has Microsoft in its backyard and Bill Gates in their front yard.....

I think Seattle/Bellevue area has the attraction enough but with limited space (not sprawling), wanting to stay near water, etc AND the area's bedrock allows for building skyscrapers.....meaning they can have it all, lol

Wow young city is growing so fast. Bellevue looks nice without sloppy. I had seen D.C on horrible news about murders and crime highest in national in past.

Byrdie, haha thats a good joke you made about Microsoft. I knew what you mean by that.

Tousi, Seattle and Bellevue area has smart growth program to prevent suburban sprawl which drives
density.

Bellevue was a very tiny town of only under 3,000 people in 1950. The lastest population of Bellevue is about 118,100, up from 109,000 in 2000. Most of the growth is funneled in downtown area. If it wasnt for the recession in early 2000 to 2005, it would have have grown bigger than that.

2no9zb.jpg

I didn't take that pic, I took it from skyscrapercity forums. That's Bellevue looking from southwest. The pic I took was looking from east.

I need to do the 2009 as they added a bunch of new skyscrapers, it's crazy!

It's nice pic. :)

Seattle rocks, it's better than Atlanta.

more skyscraper is better to have city to save the space than to eat up the land for animals.

what's comparison between Portland and Seattle?

You know, both Portland and Seattle have common...

limited grown on ubran, that mean, most being building in skyscrape. Last year, compare to 2001, I seen Portland downtown have grown incredible.

And you can't really compare to Seattle and Portland because Seattle (metro) is over 5 millions and Portland (metro) is just under 2 millions.

what's comparison between Portland and Seattle?

Portland has a systemwide light rail system which the orginal line opened in 1986 and already spread out by now while Seattle only has a one light rail line which opens on July 18, 2009. Seattle metro area is actually 4 million, not 5 million and Portland is about 2.2 million in metro area. Seattle has more taller skyscrapers than Portland.

Byrdie, haha thats a good joke you made about Microsoft. I knew what you mean by that.

Tousi, Seattle and Bellevue area has smart growth program to prevent suburban sprawl which drives
density.

Bellevue was a very tiny town of only under 3,000 people in 1950. The lastest population of Bellevue is about 118,100, up from 109,000 in 2000. Most of the growth is funneled in downtown area. If it wasnt for the recession in early 2000 to 2005, it would have have grown bigger than that.

Bellevue's latest estimated population is now at 120,300, I believe. Most of the growth is in downtown Bellevue.

Eeek! :Ohno: I am glad I don't live in that state! :laugh2:

What IFs there's an earthquake and all that skyscrapers go crumble ? :ugh: This will remind me of 9/11 in New York City. I think they are crazy to build tall skyscrapers - without thinking of what harmful it might do to people when there's an earthquake.

Sequoias, you are more braver than me for living in that state.

what about Japanese? Their skyscrapers are fine

In Anchorage, AK - earthquake, yes. In Juneau, AK where I live currently... Juneau don't have skyscrapers like these ones you have in that photos.

I think it is more safer NOT to have skyscrapers around where there's lots of people walking around nearby. People are more important than skyscrapers - IMO. :)

But, if people like to live in that city/cities where they have skyscrapers, then that's fine. As for me, I don't like to live in a BIG city where they have skyscrapers. No offense, my friend. It's just me. :hug:

because Juneau is a population of like 30,000 people. For skyscrapers, you need at least several hundred thousand to million people.

i should check out Bellevue when i'm in WA again :cool2:

Ha, Bellevue's main attraction is Bellevue Square mall and old bellevue with main street with some old style looking buildings... not really much there, mainly Bellevue is center of shopping for rich folks in general.

Back