Any BMW owners on here?

FadedRose

Reaction score
I had a z4 but had to get rid of it because 1) it was an impulse buy. 2) started to have mechanical issues and was in the shop 1st week off the lot 2) was a sports car and they cost more to maintain and last but not least I also have Lupus and wasn't diagnosed when I got the car and it's a covertible. So it's pointless making payments on a car I cannot enjoy.:barf:

so with that said I now have a BMW 328i 4dr sedan, 230 HP, fully loaded and low miles. 53 k. My z4 had 32 k miles when I got in and in three years by the time I traded it in it only had 42 k miles :shock: I do not drive much....:laugh2:

So for those of you who do own a BMW what series and why do you love your car, hate...you name it.

It's nice blending in now with the rest of the cars on the road now. The z4 stuck out like a sore thumb.

:D

good points about the Z4 yes it sticks out too much, i think id dare to say, it was a failure, indeed BMW enjoys a reputation as status cars, so consuming public dont punish them so badly in other words they get away with it, that is if a lesser brand like Audi, or Volvo did the same it would be much more of an embarrassment.

for myself though, id wont want to own a Beemer never had appealed to me, I just want and lusting aftrer a Lotus Elise nothing else, just raw go-kart personality, as for luxuary cars, i think a Lexus IS-F would be on my shopping list, cuz its fast too... er if Really had alot of Money then maybe a Maserati QuadPorte!...
literally a Jaguar-like chassis and innards with a Ferrari-like V8 (4L bt milder - thats fine for a sedan dont want it too wild)...YUM

would like to own a BMW V12 one day though, my mate did, lucky bastard but he got done for doing 190Km/hr LOL

My sis had an old BMW, very early '70's ('73 I believe). She bought it new and drove it everywhere. Will have to ask her the model, tho'...few years back, her hubby got sick & tired of her calling to say again & again,,,"the car has broke down"....so he bought her a brand spankin' new Mercedes...she hated it at first, as she really loved her Beemer. It still sits in their garage.

My current ride is a 2010 BMW M5 with Dinan upgrades, 520 HP V10, fully loaded. No issues since I got it. Before that I had a 2003 BMW 530i, V6, fully loaded. No major problems, just some routine replacements like disc pads, tires, etc.

Latest pic of my M5:

m5_sideview2.jpg

I used to fixing my younger brother's 1971 BMW 2002 w/a manual tranny when I was late teenager. The 4 inline cylinder engine was awesome and sweet, when you hit the gas pedal a little you will notice the engine begins to soft growling then quietly at about 4k rpm by felt the gas pedal and steering wheel. On a 1995 BMW 318 (1.8L engine), I felt the engine vibration, is almost same as a BMW 2002, but the modern 1.8L engine is more silk running cuz of a computer controlled system.

My current ride is a 2010 BMW M5 with Dinan upgrades, 520 HP V10, fully loaded. No issues since I got it. Before that I had a 2003 BMW 530i, V6, fully loaded. No major problems, just some routine replacements of disc pads, tires, etc.

Latest pic of my M5:

m5_sideview2.jpg

look like close my father seem exactly I believe my father is very closed you!:lol:

My current ride is a 2010 BMW M5 with Dinan upgrades, 520 HP V10, fully loaded. No issues since I got it. Before that I had a 2003 BMW 530i, V6, fully loaded. No major problems, just some routine replacements of disc pads, tires, etc.

Latest pic of my M5:

m5_sideview2.jpg

No wonder why I saw "DINAN" letter stamped on the cold air duct in a 2004 or 2005 BMW 3 series during a smog inspection. I was concerning over the illegal cold air duct with filter box at the bottom of the vehicle, didnt see any C.A.R.B. label around. I failed it for modified and informed a customer about it. He knew it but told me that he will get a CARB label for this modified parts. Next day he brought his car back for a CARB label, I verified the CARB label, has number on it by DINAN. I never see it before, still legal then I processed to testing this car and passed a smog inspection.

No wonder why I saw "DINAN" letter stamped on the cold air duct in a 2004 or 2005 BMW 3 series during a smog inspection. I was concerning over the illegal cold air duct with filter box at the bottom of the vehicle, didnt see any C.A.R.B. label around. I failed it for modified and informed a customer about it. He knew it but told me that he will get a CARB label for this modified parts. Next day he brought his car back for a CARB label, I verified the CARB label, has number on it by DINAN. I never see it before, still legal then I processed to testing this car and passed a smog inspection.

wow I am surprised I am puzzled it really!

V12? Stink motor, I tell you. Ancient V12 motors.
just out of curiousity, do you think V6 is the new V8, and the V10 is the new V12? i wonder if this has anything to do with emission and emulating the traditional power characteristic and attemping to bring down gas consumption lower for the same kind of performance? But i do know V6 just more compact that str 6 which is way its being more nowaday, but on the other hand str6 tend to last alot longer because of the well-sussed viberation/timing doesnt stress the wear so much..correct me if im wrong, like i said im just curious if you know anything or have an opinion about this

just out of curiousity, do you think V6 is the new V8, and the V10 is the new V12? i wonder if this has anything to do with emission and emulating the traditional power characteristic and attemping to bring down gas consumption lower for the same kind of performance? But i do know V6 just more compact that str 6 which is way its being more nowaday, but on the other hand str6 tend to last alot longer because of the well-sussed viberation/timing doesnt stress the wear so much..correct me if im wrong, like i said im just curious if you know anything or have an opinion about this

BMW use inline 6 over V6 for more torque.

My mom's BMW 528i is I6 and M5 are I6. Any V6 engines are junk.

2010 BMW 760Li 0-60 mph just 4.4 seconds?

2000 BMW M5 0-60 mph 4.6.

The BMW M5 is 6 cylinders less than BMW 760 and both are almost same speed for 0-60 seconds. I agreed with deafsmogtech that V12 is awful motor.

2010 BMW 760Li 0-60 mph just 4.4 seconds?

2000 BMW M5 0-60 mph 4.6.

The BMW M5 is 6 cylinders less than BMW 760 and both are almost same speed for 0-60 seconds. I agreed with deafsmogtech that V12 is awful motor.

I believe the 2000 M5 (E39) has a V8 engine, not 6. The 760Li is a big, luxurious sedan so it weighs more compared to the M5.

:jaw: I thought they stop to manufacture the V12 engines now they are back. WTF.... But I now see they have VANOs(variable valve timing) in the V12 engines, as they have good technology in fuel management system like they do in Vano system to improve excellent performance and lower emission over the oldie V12s. Thanks for post :thumb:

I believe the 2000 M5 (E39) has a V8 engine, not 6. The 760Li is a big, luxurious sedan so it weighs more compared to the M5.

My bad. You was right E39 is a V8. I confused M5 with M3. :dizzy:

That's correct about weight also heavy weight cause poor handle. I like lighter weight to help better fuel economy and better handle that's all I care.

:jaw: I thought they stop to manufacture the V12 engines now they are back. WTF.... But I now see they have VANOs(variable valve timing) in the V12 engines, as they have good technology in fuel management system like they do in Vano system to improve excellent performance and lower emission over the oldie V12s. Thanks for post :thumb:

It got ZF-sourced eight-speed automatic transmission. That's crazy? eek.

wow I am surprised I am puzzled it really!

I follow the California's stringent smog law. If any aftermarket high performance parts installed in the engine bay to enhance performance without C.A.R.B. (California Air Resource Board) approved or CARB label, are illegal in California. Want to get tag? Get original parts to put them back to get a tag if passed the emission inspection.

Back