Actor signing on Day's of our Lives soon

Hearing people are complaining about Devon and his family members signing and typing... they think it is so annoying on the Y&R.

how u know that hearing people are complaining??? where did u hear?? can u provide links?? i am curious..

how u know that hearing people are complaining??? where did u hear?? can u provide links?? i am curious..

From the Y&R Forum... "I have had it!!!"

The poster said she is fast forwarding on sign language conversation...
She doesn't like the repeative words and typing and trying to
sign language to a deaf guy.... the scene is too slow for her...
she is too impatient..

Same thing with my mom and nephew and sister, they find the
closed captioning on tv is so annoying, they turned it off even
when I am in the room, so I have to go to my room and watch tv with CC.

We have to deal with that... Hearing people don't wanna watch deaf people.

Thats the show my mom got my name from. I'm named after Kayla. I've never watched it myself I'm too into comedy's and its not a funny show.

Same thing with my mom and nephew and sister, they find the
closed captioning on tv is so annoying, they turned it off even
when I am in the room, so I have to go to my room and watch tv with CC.
My girlfriend and I like to watch with CC on.
We have to deal with that... Hearing people don't wanna watch deaf people.
Not all hearing people feel that way. Some of us actually do think shows starring deaf actors would a very good idea.

Thats the show my mom got my name from. I'm named after Kayla. I've never watched it myself I'm too into comedy's and its not a funny show.
Kayla is a very beautiful name. I like it.

I've never watched it because I'm into comedy too. :D oh yeah, we're just too similar...

"THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS" CHARACTER RECEIVES COCHLEAR IMPLANT, RENEWED HOPE
Advanced Bionics Donates Device, Applauds Daytime Drama for Commitment to Hearing Health
VALENCIA, Calif., Nov. 20, 2006 – "The Young and the Restless" character Devon Hamilton (Bryton McClure) will soon hear the world around him in a whole new way. During the episode airing Monday, November 20, Devon will receive a cochlear implant, an implanted medical device that will functionally restore his hearing. Advanced Bionics, a leading innovator of innovative technologies to treat deafness and chronic pain, donated the cochlear implant device.
When the storyline of CBS’ Number One daytime drama left Devon completely deaf after suffering from meningitis, the troubled college student and his foster family were challenged to learn sign language to help him adjust to the sudden silence. Told by doctors that a cochlear implant was his only option to ever hear again, Devon knew that having the surgery was something he had to do.
"With so many things happening in Devon’s world that requires his hearing – including being a music major in college – getting a cochlear implant was the best way to help keep his life on the right track," said McClure, who has played Devon since April, 2004. "For anyone who loses the sense of hearing, the decision to get a cochlear implant is an important and highly personal one. It is a phenomenal innovation that holds so much promise for the deaf."
"'The Young and the Restless' is sending a powerful message about cochlear implants and their ability to help maximize hearing potential," said Jim Miller, president of Advanced Bionics Auditory Division. “Hearing loss and the ways in which it can be treated are significant social issues. Advanced Bionics applauds 'The Young and the Restless' for its commitment to social responsibility."
After undergoing the cochlear implant surgery, Devon's device will be activated, or "turned-on" in the December 6 episode.
"I am honored to have a storyline with such importance and meaning as this," continued McClure. "It is a challenge, but certainly one that I hope others will learn from."
"The Young and the Restless" has been the Number One rated daytime drama for more than 17 years and is in its 34th season. The show is broadcast weekdays (12:30-1:30 PM; 11:00 AM-12:00 Noon, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network and is produced by Bell Dramatic Serial Company, in association with Sony Pictures Television.
Advanced Bionics Corporation, the neuromodulation group of Boston Scientific Corporation, is headquartered in Valencia, Calif. The company was acquired in 2004 by Boston Scientific, the worldwide developer, manufacturer and marketer of medical devices whose products are used in a broad range of interventional medical specialties.
Patients interested in breakthroughs in cochlear implant technology to restore hearing should speak to their physicians and visit www.BionicEar.com or call 800-678-2575 for more information.

Advanced Bionics Corporation
Mann Biomedical Park
25129 Rye Canyon Loop
Valencia, CA 91355 USA
Phone: (+1) 661-362-1400 Fax: (+1) 661-362-1500
Phone: (+1) 800-678-2575 TDD: (+1) 800-678-3575
Email: hear@advancedbionics.com
www.bionicear.com

Back