AB2072 passed

netrox

Reaction score
That's what I got from Facebook.. anyone heard of it? He didn't provide the link.

That's what I got from Facebook.. anyone heard of it? He didn't provide the link.

Did he provide the count? It passed the Assembly 57-9...something like that so.....wondering what the Senate count was....

Apparently it was on the local California committee channel but I didn't get a chance to watch it. Perhaps it will be uploaded on their server later.

Did a quick search and someone mentioned that the hearing was a "failure" for deaf audiences, because of the focus on hearing speakers and no captions provided along with it during the session. This was mentioned by some guy at RLMdeaf: RLMDEAF

Edit: Looks like it's been passed 5-1 according to here:
Holism

I am surprised that california channel isn't captioned when it comes to DEAF issues... idiocy!

I am surprised that california channel isn't captioned when it comes to DEAF issues... idiocy!
yeah, I noticed however they did provide the interpeter right, maybe they didn't think better than that.

I have been discussing with two AD'ers on facebook earlier in regards of this bill being passed in the senate, but to come to an thought, I noticed that it was only passed in the californian state, would it take any effect with the other states, if it was nationally passed?

yeah, I noticed however they did provide the interpeter right, maybe they didn't think better than that.

I have been discussing with two AD'ers on facebook earlier in regards of this bill being passed in the senate, but to come to an thought, I noticed that it was only passed in the californian state, would it take any effect with the other states, if it was nationally passed?

Just California but there are other States that are probably peeking....

I have been looking on Google and haven't found anything about it, passed or failed, as of yet.

I should daresay that California is the state where education is one of the top things covered in the state government, compared to the other states. I really dont want to make this statement, but I feel other states aside from NY and related, should have to worry about a similar AB2072 thing for awhile.

So the bill is about the audiologists and something about a born child. So when the born child went into the school, audiologists step in to instruct the parents about hearing aids and CI. Is that right? :hmm: I don't know much about that bill from California. :dunno:

I am scared that Audists in other states are creating bills similar to this load of crap.

Do you think audist minded people want to create a bill that requires parents to be informed about the deaf community and ASL?

I don't think so.

Question - AB2072 - what are the first two letters stand for, does it have a meaning or...?

Back