A Picture Gallery of My Trip of Oregon

YO! visit CA!! the GOLDEN STATE!!!

Sorry, sounds like you're not impressed with my pictures that I shared. If you don't like it, then don't come and try get attention. This is for the beauty of Pacific Northwest, not California.

I ain't going to attack you on that. Depends where in Seattle you're going. Some areas are really snobby, some areas are down to earth, and other areas are poor and ghetto. Belltown in downtown Seattle is a real snob area.

Seattle has more skyscrapers and has more impressive skyline while Portland has more old style buildings. Seattle has less city parks while Portland has more big city parks. Seattle has light rail under construction, opening in 2009 while Portland has a city-wide light rail system since it orginated in 1986. The list goes on.

Poor and ghetto in Seattle????

Refresh my memory, I know that Yesler Way, south of Harborview is kind of skanky, as well as parts of the Rainier Valley and Cherry St & 23rd Ave as well as 23rd Ave and MLK Way in the Madison Valley were notorious but since gentrification came in....things changed.

So what area is ghetto-ish now in Seattle?

byrdie,

yep we are part of cascadia region....yay for our own ''country''.

you are correct that part of ghettos on 23rd ave in central neighborhood and parts of mlk way. also, its along rainier ave s. on way to renton, too. mlk way where light rail runs thru has changed big time. it looks much cleaner and has a lot of housing redevelopment.

i dont know much abt portland, but i saw a few ghetto areas.

Seq, I loved the waterfall pic its very nice would like to see that in person. Amazing the nature world brings so peaceful and refreshing.

byrdie,

yep we are part of cascadia region....yay for our own ''country''.

you are correct that part of ghettos on 23rd ave in central neighborhood and parts of mlk way. also, its along rainier ave s. on way to renton, too. mlk way where light rail runs thru has changed big time. it looks much cleaner and has a lot of housing redevelopment.
i dont know much abt portland, but i saw a few ghetto areas.

Really?! I remember that it used to be called, "Empire Way" before they changed the name to MLK and that it was a really bad area!

I have to drive through it to see how it looks now when I come back to Seattle in another week! :)

Wonderful trip to Oregon. I had been visited in Northwest in several times as Portland, Bend, Seattle, Crater Lake, and others because my sister lives in Portland.
108_0829.jpg
View to Crater Lake

The pictures were really very breathtaking! Thanks for sharing...glad to know you had a good time :).

See my avatar picture is at High Desert Museum in Bend Oregon. Featuring exhibits on Western history, Native American cultures, art, and wildlife.

Wow, Seq...those are great pics! Love that waterfall pic!
I just love waterfalls!
Have you ever been to Niagara Falls in Canada? If not,
you should go and see it, its awesome!! It always blows
my mind every time we go there...its just so breathtaking
just to watch it.

Don't you worry, LakeTahoe. I know it is quite hard to find time and money to get my ass back in the United States of America. But as currently, I can see the money is almost close to my AUS dollars! It seems cheaper for me to go right now, but where is the money? - problem.

Also, I would be needing a visa first.

Don't you worry, LakeTahoe. I know it is quite hard to find time and money to get my ass back in the United States of America. But as currently, I can see the money is almost close to my AUS dollars! It seems cheaper for me to go right now, but where is the money? - problem.

Also, I would be needing a visa first.

The way the US dollar has been going, you should be able to make the trip to the US in no time. Would you be travelling by bus, train or plane to all the different destinations around the country?

The way the US dollar has been going, you should be able to make the trip to the US in no time. Would you be travelling by bus, train or plane to all the different destinations around the country?

Mostly plane, but other transportation sounds interesting, but when the dates are confirmed and I have the money - I would be needing everyone's help here to get this happening!

Seq, I loved the waterfall pic its very nice would like to see that in person. Amazing the nature world brings so peaceful and refreshing.
You should check it out in person, also. It's awesome!

Wonderful trip to Oregon. I had been visited in Northwest in several times as Portland, Bend, Seattle, Crater Lake, and others because my sister lives in Portland.
View attachment 12153
View to Crater Lake
Yea, I would like to visit Crater Lake someday. Thanks for sharing your picture of that volcanic lake.

See my avatar picture is at High Desert Museum in Bend Oregon. Featuring exhibits on Western history, Native American cultures, art, and wildlife.
I love going to exhibits of nature history. ;)

Mostly plane, but other transportation sounds interesting, but when the dates are confirmed and I have the money - I would be needing everyone's help here to get this happening!
Let me know whenever you come to the Pacific Northwest someday. ;)

Back