2010 Election Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that I expected you to answer this way. The answer to your question is obvious.

Give directly, as how? Is she making donations to the infrastructure of her state?
Why should anyone "make donations" to the infrastructure of any state where it would be mismanaged and wasted? The state already grabs her money thru taxes and fees. Why would any sane person voluntarily throw more of their money at the state?

Why should anyone "make donations" to the infrastructure of any state where it would be mismanaged and wasted? The state already grabs her money thru taxes and fees. Why would any sane person voluntarily throw more of their money at the state?

I don't have any idea. Ask TXGolfer. He is the one that suggested she was voluntarily making contributions that would cover the same expenses as her tax contributions would cover.

Does she use the roads? I guess she expects those that don't have the loopholes to get out of paying their taxes to pay for her and her families use of the roads and bridges, huh?

I don't have any idea. Ask TXGolfer. He is the one that suggested she was voluntarily making contributions that would cover the same expenses as her tax contributions would cover.

Does she use the roads? I guess she expects those that don't have the loopholes to get out of paying their taxes to pay for her and her families use of the roads and bridges, huh?
Are you saying that she pays NO taxes to support the roads and bridges?

In some states, the roads are paid for by the gasoline tax.

TXGolfer, can you please show me which of your posts included this:

"Ask TXGolfer. He is the one that suggested she was voluntarily making contributions that would cover the same expenses as her tax contributions would cover."

I can't find it in the recent ones.

Supposedly he "fixed" Oakland.

Fact: It's $6 to cross the Bay Bridge from Oakland to SF yet free to cross SF to Oakland. Nobody wants to go to Oakland.... :lol:

And this is the crux of your argument?

Fact: You gotta pay in both directions, chump. :D

TXGolfer, can you please show me which of your posts included this:

"Ask TXGolfer. He is the one that suggested she was voluntarily making contributions that would cover the same expenses as her tax contributions would cover."

I can't find it in the recent ones.

That's because I didn't suggest it.... :lol:

Supposedly he "fixed" Oakland.

Fact: It's $6 to cross the Bay Bridge from Oakland to SF yet free to cross SF to Oakland. Nobody wants to go to Oakland.... :lol:

No difference when you are driving on Golden Gate Bridge or other bridges in bay area that usually cost $5-$6 for just 2 axles.

No difference when you are driving on Golden Gate Bridge or other bridges in bay area that usually cost $5-$6 for just 2 axles.

Yup but only in one direction...... I have been accross them many times this year.

Especially the Bay bridge and the San Mateo.

Yup but only in one direction...... I have been accross them many times this year.

Especially the Bay bridge and the San Mateo.

Yeah, damn, I stand corrected. My memory is jumbled. Been a while. Has the toll always been in the westbound direction? I thought I remember that it used to be eastbound, so you could drive into the City from Oakland and then out of the City over the GG and without ever having to pay a toll?

Yeah, damn, I stand corrected. My memory is jumbled. Been a while. Has the toll always been in the westbound direction? I thought I remember that it used to be eastbound, so you could drive into the City from Oakland and then out of the City over the GG and without ever having to pay a toll?

Nah it's weird now. The Golden Gate inbound to SF is the side that charges too yet outbound is free.. :dunno: how long it has been like that. But it is a common joke that SF is trying to keep others out....

I'm so glad that none of our bridges charge tolls.

I'm so glad that none of our bridges charge tolls.

And, yet someone suggested that would be a better alternative than taxes for maintaining roads and bridges.

And, yet someone suggested that would be a better alternative than taxes for maintaining roads and bridges.
If it's an alternative that's one thing. If it's in addition to taxes, that's another. We already pay gas taxes for our roads, so I don't want to pay a toll in addition to that.

If it's an alternative that's one thing. If it's in addition to taxes, that's another. We already pay gas taxes for our roads, so I don't want to pay a toll in addition to that.

So you would be willing to pay tolls if the portion of the gas tax devoted to maintenance was abolished?

So you would be willing to pay tolls if the portion of the gas tax devoted to maintenance was abolished?

You wouldn't know it in the state of New York. The highways and roads are in terrible conditions there.

Not to mention that they do have toll booths there too as well.

In my state, no. I prefer the gas tax to the tolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back