2010 Election Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read that AARP will raise its insurance premiums due to the antipated Healthcare under Obama! This really sucks!
I'm still "in a daze" as TO WHY the Coffee Creamer at the Dollar Store went up from $1 to $1.75......Everything at the Dollar Store is from .50 to .75 cents more! And yes, with 3 boys, I do shop there a lot to save $$!
This may sound "petty" to some people!..But it isn't to me.

Prescriptions, doctor visits, etc., are up, up, UP and away!

Everyone is depressed, gloomy...this economy realllly sucks!

People thought Obama was going to fix healthcare. He didn't. We've yet to see exactly what it's actually going to really cost taxpayers once his changes take effect fully. That's IF they aren't repealed before then.

I'm for a lot of what he tried to do, but, I'm against the way he did it. One thing I have noticed over the years is that prescription costs are out of sight. We need to force drug companies to lower drug costs. I think using caps is a good idea. I also think we need to do something about how much hospitals charge for items like band aids and other things like this. Have any of you noticed the charges on your hospital bills and what those charges are? It's absolute insane what they charge for things like bandages and such.

I am seriously thinking of possibility of entering in the politicial field in the near future. More of educational politics. We'll see but if I do..I hope I dont become like the others! :lol:

I AM running in 2012......seriously. :) Some people here on AD already know this. I will give more details in Feb.

I am seriously thinking of possibility of entering in the politicial field in the near future. More of educational politics. We'll see but if I do..I hope I dont become like the others! :lol:

Frankly, I think it would be a wonderful idea. What Obama needed was someone who communicates and gets these ideas across to kids in a classroom on a daily basis to write his speeches and show him how to communicate with the American public. Just like the newspapers break it down to a 5th grade level, so should politicians. He gave the American public credit for being able to understand extremely complicated concepts without breaking it down to an elementary level explanation. That was his biggest mistake.

I predict he makes it worse......

I am going to love it when all you conservatives are forced to eat your words about Jerry Brown, and CA is back on top.

He's already proving that he's a better fiscal manager than Meg Whitman. He beat her with how much money? 30 Million? Compared to her 200 million? (I am ballparking these figures) translates into= better managed campaign and better spent money. A good indication for things to come.

I'd hate to be the one who spent $150 million (perhaps more) and then .... lost. Damn.

I'm surprised they brought back Moonbeam. I guess some people never learn.

I am going to love it when all you conservatives are forced to eat your words about Jerry Brown, and CA is back on top.

He's already proving that he's a better fiscal manager than Meg Whitman. He beat her with how much money? 30 Million? Compared to her 200 million? (I am ballparking these figures) translates into= better managed campaign and better spent money. A good indication for things to come.

This is still about spending large amount of cash for a campaign...not about budgeting. Pretty naive to make a brash leap of faith using a campaign spending example as a future metaphor on "spending efficiency" to what's coming down the pike on deficit reduction in Kalifornia. Moonbeam will do you proud on repeating the same thing he did when he first became a governor. Secondly, Kalifornia is a known strong blue state to begin with filled with liberals in every nook and cranny, so odds were already against Meg Whitman. So I'm not surprised she lost.

And I am going to love it when Brown moves to Las Vegas after he sees Wayne Newton's image on a piece of toast.

*shrug* She has it to spare.....and it created jobs.

If she has it to spare, shouldn't she be using it to pay taxes, instead of using the loopholes to get out of paying taxes?

And I am going to love it when Brown moves to Las Vegas after he sees Wayne Newton's image on a piece of toast.

Nawww, he'll go with the flow and eat more granola.

Supposedly he "fixed" Oakland.

Fact: It's $6 to cross the Bay Bridge from Oakland to SF yet free to cross SF to Oakland. Nobody wants to go to Oakland.... :lol:

If she has it to spare, shouldn't she be using it to pay taxes, instead of using the loopholes to get out of paying taxes?

Not if the loopholes are legal....why pay more than you have to into a system you find corrupt when you can give directly instead. :)

Why should she pay more money to the IRS than for what she is liable? If she is paying all taxes that she owes, and follows all the laws when filing, then what's it to you?

Not if the loopholes are legal....why pay more than you have to into a system you find corrupt when you can give directly instead. :)

Why is it that I expected you to answer this way. The answer to your question is obvious.

Give directly, as how? Is she making donations to the infrastructure of her state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back