your opinion?

JClarke

AD Veteran
Premium Member
Reaction score
As I have mentioned in the other thead about my camera being sold. I am looking for a digital SLR. These two cameras I have looked at.

Pentax K100D (18 - 50mm Kit) $499

pentax-K100d-dslr.jpg

Nikon D40 (18 - 55mm) $650

d40.jpg

Which ones would be worth my dollars? Or is there another one that would be worth my dollars? My price range is only between $400 to $650

better choose Nikon D40. I will look for low cost items soon.

Nikon D40 is 6.1 MP. I think that Nikon D60 is better. It is 10.2 Megapixel, SLR, Digital Camera w/ 18-55mm. Cost about 475.00.

PM me with that link and I will have a look, that price is ridicidlously cheap!

Camera

I would definately say either get the Nikon or a canon rebel XTI. Canon and nikon are very comparable. I've never heard of the other brand. I'm a professional photographer too, so i know a lot about cameras!

But damn, these DSLRs are expensive here in Australia and am looking for a good one on a cheap and reasonable price, possible would be the difference in USA or europe, no?

I have just discussed with Chevy57 into a good deal, and I'm buying Nikon D60 from USA ;)

I'd say go for the Nikon D40. It takes really sweet pictures - my mate has one of those.

I'm already frothing ;D

Jacob had decided to order Nikon D60 from USA

Just found out that my mother have old Nikon lens at home which will definitely work with my new D60 but in manual focus mode only. Awesome - :thumb:

Just found out that my mother have old Nikon lens at home which will definitely work with my new D60 but in manual focus mode only. Awesome - :thumb:

zoom lens? MM?

I don't know, my mum has plenty of these Nikon Lens in a big bag - possible up to the 300mm :jaw:

Back