Wireless USB

Also I have a Belkin (sp?) wireless network attached to my home computer. It of course, is connected via an Ethernet cable. Wireless USB is of interest and it is hoped that it could improve my wireless use of my computer.

Also I have a Belkin (sp?) wireless network attached to my home computer. It of course, is connected via an Ethernet cable. Wireless USB is of interest and it is hoped that it could improve my wireless use of my computer.

It's just USB, It doesn't help improve your computer network speed. Wifi from Router and Wireless from USB are totally different breed. One day you could hook up Wireless USB Webcam or Wireless USB Mouse whichever is less than 10 ft (3 meters) and it'll connect at 480mbps if you already "paired" it. IF you distance the Wireless USB more than 10ft, It'll become weakened and will be connected at 110mbps up to 32ft (10 meters) So It's almost like Bluetooth, Wireless USB use higher fequency band than Bluetooth and Wifi Adapter including Router..

Given idea that you can just connect your camera using built-in Wirless USB or a Wireless USB adapter plugged into camera. You can easily transfer photos to your PC without hassle with wiring or missing USB cable.

Just in case, you can't use Wireless USB for network

You got to remember that Wifi from Router to Laptop or Destop with Wifi adapter is 2.4 Ghz while Wireless USB is 3.1 Ghz to 10.6 Ghz which is reserved for connecting devices to Laptop or Desktop wirelessly for data input or output.

Unless if you are talking about Wifi Adapter with Wireless USB on its end, powered by batteries so you won't have hassle plugging Wifi USB adapter into your laptop.

Am I clear?

Catty

It's just USB, It doesn't help improve your computer network speed. Wifi from Router and Wireless from USB are totally different breed. One day you could hook up Wireless USB Webcam or Wireless USB Mouse whichever is less than 10 ft (3 meters) and it'll connect at 480mbps if you already "paired" it. IF you distance the Wireless USB more than 10ft, It'll become weakened and will be connected at 110mbps up to 32ft (10 meters) So It's almost like Bluetooth, Wireless USB use higher fequency band than Bluetooth and Wifi Adapter including Router..

Given idea that you can just connect your camera using built-in Wirless USB or a Wireless USB adapter plugged into camera. You can easily transfer photos to your PC without hassle with wiring or missing USB cable.

Just in case, you can't use Wireless USB for network

You got to remember that Wifi from Router to Laptop or Destop with Wifi adapter is 2.4 Ghz while Wireless USB is 3.1 Ghz to 10.6 Ghz which is reserved for connecting devices to Laptop or Desktop wirelessly for data input or output.

Unless if you are talking about Wifi Adapter with Wireless USB on its end, powered by batteries so you won't have hassle plugging Wifi USB adapter into your laptop.

Am I clear?

Catty

Clear as mud Catty! :lol: And thanks for taking the time to explain. :ty: Jim

Back