Why are most Deaf Events in Nassau or NYC?

SamMileto

Reaction score
Hello All,
My name is Sam (as in Samantha, but not.) I'm currently an ASL student in the program at Suffolk Community. As I'm reviewing information for Deaf Events to attend as required for Deaf Cultures Class, I see most, if not all events are located in Nassau County or NYC. Does anyone have insight on to why this is? Is Suffolk just not a "happening" place, or worse, not as in touch with the members of the Deaf Community as Nassau and NYC? Yes, Mill Neck and Lexington are out west, but Suffolk has Cleary and East Islip. So I have to wonder, why are there no community events in Suffolk? Or perhaps, I am just looking in the wrong places?
St. Joseph College in Patchogue has had some events through the ASL club on Wednesday evenings, but I'm look for Suffolk County as a community to offer events. Can anyone offer an explanation?
Thanks for your time, :hmm:
Sam

LOL there are too many Deafies live in suffolk but they usually hang out with NYC, NASSAU and SUFFOLK you can look up into NYC or NASSAU that where you will meet suffolk peeps there. :) NYC are more DO DO stuffs rather than suffolk as you already know that.

who is your teacher? why didnt your teacher tell you where to meet such as coffee spot or etc.

Thanks for the input. My Professors have offered information on events, again most are located in Nassau. Even on MeetUp... all the groups are located in NYC. Here in Suffolk we have coffee shops, vineyards, art shows, bingo halls, Dave and Busters, and theaters, so how come no one is booking events in Suffolk?

Thanks for the input. My Professors have offered information on events, again most are located in Nassau. Even on MeetUp... all the groups are located in NYC. Here in Suffolk we have coffee shops, vineyards, art shows, bingo halls, Dave and Busters, and theaters, so how come no one is booking events in Suffolk?

I think most booking in NASSAU so everyone can come from NJ NYC and Nassau and suffolk than going to the very east in suffolk. Thats my wild guess.

Most good leaders who lives in NYC or nassau than suffolk.

Back