Who is your favorite writer?

I love Margaret Atwood. She's a Canadian author and all her books are very deep and thick. I just dig myself in a thick quilt with a hearty mug of tea. Her books are perfect for rainy days & cold blustery weather too!

Noting: I posted a pic of a younger, F. Scott Fitzgerald dressed in a nice suit with his short hair parted in the middle looking very handsome.

Some of my very favorites include, but are not certainly not limited to: J.R.R. Tolkien, Jane Austen, Mary Oliver, C.S. Lewis, Charles Dickens, Elizabeth Kostova, and Michael Shaara.

I am going to have to check that book out by Carson McCuller, I never heard about it. Thanks for sharing :)

It is a movie too, I liked the book better and would read it before I saw the movie. Let me know how you liked it! I really love the book!

I will have to check the bookstores if its around. Cool, there 's movie too :) I will have to check them out :)

Clive Cussler is my favourite. Have read many of his books, many adventures in it and hard to put the book down. Have just finish reading 'Plague Ship' and oh my, so many hair rising nasty adventure in it.

I could never pick a favorite writer; there are just too many writers that I am in awe of. But the writers of books I currently find myself spending a lot of time thinking about are: Stuart Dybek, William Faulkner, Tim O'Brien, and Tobias Wolff.

I have a myriad of favorite writers, but my top 2 are Stephen King and Dean Koontz. I've been reading Stephen King ever since I was 9 and if I remember correctly, the first book of his I read was "Christine."

My favorites are: Wilkie Collins, Emily Bronte, F Dostevsky, Anne Rice, J K Rowling, Diana Wyne Jones, and Jacqaline Wilson. There are a lot more. I prefere children and teenage fiction best. I also like a lot of books written about people from differant countries but a lot of the authors have foriegn names that I find almost impossible to remember.

One of the most recent favorites was Sweetblood about this girl with Diabeties. She has this thery going that Diabeties were the original vampires. Only I forgot who wrote it.

I could never pick a favorite writer; there are just too many writers that I am in awe of. But the writers of books I currently find myself spending a lot of time thinking about are: Stuart Dybek, William Faulkner, Tim O'Brien, and Tobias Wolff.

Yes, I agree with you. Since, hs , when I first learned about American writers, F. Scott Fitzgerald moved me, great talent. I also, like Jack London, he's adventurous:)

The Sea Wolf was one of my favorite books in HS, and I always enjoyed JL's stuff. He was a real "manly" writer, before Hemingway and Faulkner. I Also really liked The Great Gatsby as well. I spend a lot of time reading contemporary writers set in contemporary life, but sometimes it's really a joy to pick up a classic and be transported to the imaginative reality of an earlier time period.

Yes, I agree with you. Since, hs , when I first learned about American writers, F. Scott Fitzgerald moved me, great talent. I also, like Jack London, he's adventurous:)

ThewriteAlex, I am stuck in a time warp :giggle: I do expand my horizons, even fill my head with raunchy Hollywood stories by Jackie Collins. I do read books by Jean Sassoon The Princess Series, I need a lot to go just wrapped her second book last year. I need the third book, have been derailed with work, studying for a national interpreter exam that's my focus at the moment.

My neice is 10-years old (June9), loves to read, I am encouraging her to be writer ;)

Alex, here is a site not sure if you have seen this one.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/

Last edited:
Back