What NOT to do in a freezing house

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guy who maintains this house is a JERK

Yes, because he turned off the heat to the house, and the 1st floor is absolutely FREEZING!! The thermostat says 53 degrees, and my living space is at least 10-15 degrees warmer than that-- I sleep on the 2nd floor, and it's mild here. If I get my way, he won't be working anymore because of this.

Oh, and the thermostat is locked, so I couldn't bring the heat back up even if I could.

And outside? It's -4 out there, so if we get through the night, there's gonna be some explaining to do, cause I already sent in the evidence of the thermostat reading

Just go down to South Carolina and buy a trailer so you don't have deal with stupid roommate. :lol:

Why did he do that?

That is a question I'd love to have answered. The 1st floor is absolutely cold, while my part isn't that bad. I done sent in photo evidence to the proper people, and they will handle it. Hopefully the heat will be back on tomorrow morning, but in the meantime, there's no way anyone is going to be able to sleep tonight.

Just go down to South Carolina and buy a trailer so you don't have deal with stupid roommate. :lol:

It wasn't a roommate. No one who lives here has access to the thermostat-- only the person who maintains and fixes the house.

He can rent a room from Reba and her and TCS can convert the new trike trailer to a wagon so he can ride too!!! :D

That is a question I'd love to have answered. The 1st floor is absolutely cold, while my part isn't that bad. I done sent in photo evidence to the proper people, and they will handle it. Hopefully the heat will be back on tomorrow morning, but in the meantime, there's no way anyone is going to be able to sleep tonight.
That's rough. :(

He can rent a room from Reba and her and TCS can convert the new trike trailer to a wagon so he can ride too!!! :D

Very funny, no liberal shows for ChicagoBlues. :lol:

Oh wow, that's crazy.

Tell me about it. Had I known he was gonna do this, I would've put a stop to it immediately. You know, this could be termed endangerment, and he could get arrested for that.

Tell me about it. Had I known he was gonna do this, I would've put a stop to it immediately. You know, this could be termed endangerment, and he could get arrested for that.

Do you have access to thermostat on first floor?

Back