What is this?

well, anyway those are cool pictures:)

Maybe we should start a thread for camping recipes? Something to wrap in foil and throw in the campfire coals to cook?

When my dad lived in the Mexico jungle he told me they would take a dead chicken cover it with mud then put in an open pit and it cooked until the mud became a hard clay . When the clay was crack off the chicken the feathers came right off too. Now people can buy clay pots to cook their chicken but I bet it's does not taste the same as my dad's chicken did. He said he ate snake too and it tastes like chicken. I will have to take dad words for this as I never ate snake meat.

When my dad lived in the Mexico jungle he told me they would take a dead chicken cover it with mud then put in an open pit and it cooked until the mud became a hard clay . When the clay was crack off the chicken the feathers came right off too. Now people can buy clay pots to cook their chicken but I bet it's does not taste the same as my dad's chicken did. He said he ate snake too and it tastes like chicken. I will have to take dad words for this as I never ate snake meat.

Your father is telling you the truth. You just gotta believe that snake does taste like chicken. :)

Maybe we should start a thread for camping recipes? Something to wrap in foil and throw in the campfire coals to cook?
Everything tastes good when camping. I recall my Boy Scout days making pancakes without measuring. Yummy! When we did BWCAW, where all foods must be carried long distances, we were pretty much limited to dried foods. A favorite dinner was instant potatoes with Stovetop stuffing mixed in, along with prepared dry gravy. We ate this a few nights. Filling and tasty, but probably not something you would prepare at home.

BTW, like your sig line.

Back