What car and bike did you dream of having when you were a kid?

metalangel

Reaction score
Pics please!

Mine:

Corvette!
1985_chevrolet_corvette_2.jpg

Kawasaki ZXR750!
413d0c20a7bf-800x600.jpg

Ferrari F355:

1995355B1.jpg

But now that I'm an adult (sort of) I'm not sure if I'd want to spend all that money on a freaking' car

I didn't really dream of anything exotic as a kid. I loved my Dad's red wagon(pictured) and always wanted 1 like that 1977 wagon.

Later on, I saw that one girl on my bus whose family got a brand new Buick Estate Wagon. That was maybe 1987 or 1988. I always thought it would be cool if my family had something like that. We ended up getting a Voyager.

As for motorcycle, I had Honda t shirt. Didn't think of anything cool, but I thought big motorcycles were cool.

Attachments

• 2013-03-08 07.35.42.jpg
    2013-03-08 07.35.42.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2013-03-08 07.35.54.jpg
    2013-03-08 07.35.54.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 2013-03-08 07.36.42.jpg
    2013-03-08 07.36.42.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 10
I can't post a picture because it wasn't a certain year! My dad sold cars and we had a new Olds '88 demonstrator every model year (several years 2 because someone wanted to buy the car Dad was driving and a few 3 for the same reason) that we got to use like a family car as well. This was before air conditioning was virtually standard equipment and I kept wanting him to get a convertible but got turned down because they were harder to sell at the end of the model year.

Dream done, owned one done, sold em done.

Its Jeep Wrangler, very nice vehicle for skinny single or couple with Zero kids.

It is good jeep, just that its cons justifies trade different vehicle. It is that I got two kids. Too much hassles.

I had no regret trading it with F-250 powered by Diesel. Glad I had it cause I just got a huge wood burning stove, without truck I can't get em. I now have three wood stoves in basement and now playing around them see which one is best for my house. Will sell one of them after I do the professional job.

Ferrari F355:

1995355B1.jpg

But now that I'm an adult (sort of) I'm not sure if I'd want to spend all that money on a freaking' car

bee in one, a convertable, and totally fucking love it, its FAST A-N-D SMOOTH!, yes DO save up and get one, dont be a boring git, get the bloody FERRARI , its a a Dream machine, i dont care theres newer cars or what , like if you LIKE the looks of it, and LIKE the idea of a Fast and smooth machine, THIS IS IT....
newer ferraris or Paganis or whatnots , is to me not about top speeds or 0-60mpn in less seconds or what, there is ENOUGH for a mere mortal to handle is it is MIND fucking blowing..i been in it for 15 mins, and i laught at Ford Falcons and Holden Commodores, and BMW M3 and M5's even Porsche 928, 944, 924, boxsters, Astons,even a Bentley (a neighbour had a Turbo-R, its just SHIT..and Slow, My old Skyline KILLED a Porsche 944 turbo, AND when i got be in to my old skyline after the ferrari i THOUGHT my car was BROKEN , literally, it was WORLD's or Lightyears AHEAD of time, technical perfection or whatever you want to say,. just because someone says; 'seen that' they DONT know what the FUCK they're talking about...
and AND RICH people just beeen in these sorta things too much they drive it like, fuckwits slow, and they shit up the cars, like it will choke to death BECAUSE they drove it TOO SLOW...

AND biying new car jsut because they can, but it doesnt mean they can DRIVE...
the guy i was with , he was a real speed nut, and had a Jag XR220...i was priviliged too...dammit
its one of my personally favourite the convertable F355 Spyder..LOVE it

well
my drream car is a Porsche 911 Turbo or better yet a 930 Turbo 1985

and a ferrari, same as above as well as a GTB308 (dont worry about 288GTO the fronts too ugly and speed not that important)...
and
a
1932 Coupe Roadster with a 454 Hemi Blown would be nice but in a Rat Rod style

1980 Laverda 1000 triple Jota
Buell 1200 (1988)
Suzuki RGB500 mk9
Neader turbo diesel 1400 twin, from germany :)
Ducati 851

Honda CR480
Husquvarna 410TE

1986 Honda CR125 Pro Circuit (if any still alive)

ah,...
and classic bikes..

A Manx Norton
BSA Gold Star 500

Vincent Black Shadow, (will be EXPENSIVE)...
or any Vincent V-Twins from 1940-1960's id gladly have it and try restore it

if ONE bike, and as a Wish, an RGB500Mk9 thanks..

bee in one, a convertable, and totally fucking love it, its FAST A-N-D SMOOTH!, yes DO save up and get one, dont be a boring git, get the bloody FERRARI , its a a Dream machine, i dont care theres newer cars or what , like if you LIKE the looks of it, and LIKE the idea of a Fast and smooth machine, THIS IS IT....

You're fortunate you got to try out one! I've never been in one but seen some in person. It's a cool looking car! I know that some porsches can do the same performance cheaper but a ferrari is a work of art that takes you to another world when you turn the key.

I thought about renting one but sadly since it's an "old" model and couldn't find any available.

Oh and have you seen that you can "rent" a 458 on a track: Las Vegas Experience, FERRARI 458 ITALIA, 5 Laps I want to do that someday!

Well, when I was younger I always wanted a Lamborghini Countach - I think the opening credits of The Cannonball Run film affected me somewhat :)
I wanted a Norton police motorbike as well for some strange reason......
Oh, and I wanted a British Army landrover! I managed to acquire and rebuild one in 1999 and soon found out why they were loved and hated by the boys in Green in equal measures!

for years I dreamed of getting a adult racing bike with 18 speeds since I was riding a kids single speed bike. In high school I finally got what I wanted and only 3 months later I was smacked from rear from a car trying to pass me and I flew up in the air and landed in the ditch. sadly to say - my first adult bike was trashed. frame all twisted and wheels bent.

Had a Jaguar and a Corvette (yellow convertible)....dreamed of getting a Harley (as my sister had one), but never did...as for bicycles....had a 10-speed and wrecked it on the wet pavement and discolated my shoulder...no more bicycles for me...

Was really into Ford Mustangs when I was younger. Had a 1965, 1966, 1967 all were fixed up. Then I got my favorite Mustang when the new 5.0 ones came out. I have to say that was my favorite car ever.

Was really into Ford Mustangs when I was younger. Had a 1965, 1966, 1967 all were fixed up. Then I got my favorite Mustang when the new 5.0 ones came out. I have to say that was my favorite car ever.

I test drove one when it first came out in '86 ...wow, what a lot of torque.....the saleslady was so mad at me since I drove it like I stole it, and loved that short-throw 5 speed....

I test drove one when it first came out in '86 ...wow, what a lot of torque.....the saleslady was so mad at me since I drove it like I stole it, and loved that short-throw 5 speed....

The rear end of that car was so light. I was trying to be cool leaving work when I first got it. I tried to do a burn out out of the parking lot, ended up just spinning 360. Little embarrassed. Hahaha Put a couple bags of sand in the back after that. Yep definitely my favorite car.

Then on to mommy cars and driving slower.

Back