What a frighten ten minutes of my morning...

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since the weather was pretty nice 46 degrees sunny, I decide to take my dog, Charlie up for a walk, while we were walking one mile ahead, there was a Rottie on a leash was walking up our way with it's owner, The rottie was barking, getting roughly up and frighten my dog, Charlie turned around the opposite direction and started running off, all sudden the leash handler came off my hand, there goes Charlie running off so fast, I had to run after him, half mile down I could see Charlie running by our home, but it was hard to noticed because of so much trees.

My thoughts were going wildly thinking he could get hit by a car because I live right on a high traffic street, My heart was beating so fast within a beat, when I ran up noticed that Charlie was nowhere to be seen, I went by my door, all sudden Charlie sitting there with his leash still attach to his collar! That was definitely incredible that he found his way home all by himself. Charlie does have some gift. What a 10 mins of my time of panic.

Wow what a miracle!! I thought usually cats find it's way home but dogs? I'm impressed...Seem you got yourself a special puppy who knows how to get home without getting lost...I'm glad to see a happy ending to this story sis...

and so glad to hear hes alright, usually when I take a walk, sometimes they may be a dog running around loose, so be careful when you take Charlie out for a walk, sometimes things like that can happen...

wow.. lucky Charlie..

espically Rogue can way back home.. about half block... She know where way back to home..

Very Rare for dogs have good memorized their way back home..

wow :eek3: Charlie is only puppy and know way to your home... wow what a rare!!!!

Oh yes, of course Charlie deserve praise from you.. .:thumb:

whatt a superise! wow good thing ur Charlies are ok and know how get home snice it's his sweet home wait for you to find him

Panting, Charlie said, "Ahhhh, the safety of Home Sweet Home"!

Panting, Charlie said, "Ahhhh, the safety of Home Sweet Home"!

LMAO! :rofl:

I know! it's soo rare! I cannot believe it, it was unbelievable! I was so shocked to see him sitting right in front of the door. my gosh, I was lost with words, I even gave him double dog treats, and said, 'you're just a damn good dog, but you scare the shit out of me'. :lol:

WOW.. That is great to see Charlie is back home and safe!

Whew! .. my uncle's loves escape out of house that my aunt and uncle get fed up with the dog lol that dog Sheba (girl) that came to my house when I lived with my mom so I had take the dog back to my uncle's dog. wow She know where my house is it is so close my uncle's house and my house lol :lol: and also she know where back home so my uncle and my aunt have to watch out of their dog not allow to get her outside and also outside backyard which dont have the fence so he use put his dog's leash long on the clothes line that can ran or walk back and forth like long leach with rolls on the clothes line so the dog can run or walk. My uncle and aunt always watch out on their dog till my uncle make new fence so now no more leach for in backyard :lol:

LOL Some dogs do find their way back home. I had experience in the past but one particlur dog that my neighbor used to have. She always at my house, Why?? Cuz she loves kids and that where the kids are living and my neighbor dont have any kids. LOL she does go home for food and then come back to my house to protect it. Oh I missed her alot. She is a sweet dong except to chase the darn shunk.

My dog does sneak out of the house once I opened the door. GRRRRRRRRR at her but she does come back. :D

Glad your dog is back home and still waiting for you to come home. He is such a good dog.

Wonderful .. you got a smart puppy. Yes ofc she knows she's safe at home.

Some dogs are smart that way. Let me tell you about my dog in the past. He always used to ride with me all the times. One time we brought a house which was 4.2 miles away. With back and forth for moving, he knows the direction very well (as usually). After done with moving stuff then one week later, he took off and I was looking for him for a few hours and was very upset because that was not his way. Then I thought about it .. hmmmm then went to old house .. dang he was there. To my surprise that was 4.2 miles away!!! It seems that he was in that neighborhood to say last good bye. After that he never went back. He was alway a special kid. I miss him so much. RIP, Kaiser!

Wonderful .. you got a smart puppy. Yes ofc she knows she's safe at home.

Some dogs are smart that way. Let me tell you about my dog in the past. He always used to ride with me all the times. One time we brought a house which was 4.2 miles away. With back and forth for moving, he knows the direction very well (as usually). After done with moving stuff then one week later, he took off and I was looking for him for a few hours and was very upset because that was not his way. Then I thought about it .. hmmmm then went to old house .. dang he was there. To my surprise that was 4.2 miles away!!! It seems that he was in that neighborhood to say last good bye. After that he never went back. He was alway a special kid. I miss him so much. RIP, Kaiser!

A girl?? lol haha :rofl: it is a boy lol "Charlie" is a boy lol :lol:

A girl?? lol haha :rofl: it is a boy lol "Charlie" is a boy lol :lol:

Ooops .. damn my pain pill did it to me. Thanks DeafMonkey to correct me.

Cheri ... forgive me and btw saw pix of your puppy the other thread... he's so adorable kid!

Cheri ... forgive me and btw saw pix of your puppy the other thread... he's so adorable kid!

:rofl: :rofl: lol that is okay and I am sure Cheri will laugh lol :lol: no one is perfect lol :lol:

Many animals do have 6th sense. I guess your pup is well behaved! Your pup ran to your house for its own safety!

:giggle: It's not big deal and thanks too ;)

Thanks girls, I'm so happy the ending came positive instead of negative. I don't know what I'll do if he end up missing or get hurt. :(

Glad to hear Charie's safe, yes I know the kind of traffic. Wow!

But believe it or not, there has been history of both cats and dog that got lost on one side of coast and got back home on other coast in few months!!! Incredible! I don't think dogs and cats remembers the location, but more of sense of location and can track down naturally.

wow, thats really cute. but stop starling me!!!! and i'm glad the puppy is smart to get his way back home. sometimes I wonder if some puppies grow up and knows their way back home, i know not all dogs are like that... but interesting!!! its an nice experience to learn too.

We take Maggie out for her walk everyday, and coming back home sometimes I say "Let's go home", so if she's out and about and people say "Go Home", she'll know.

Also she just ABSOLUTELY LOVES walking through the periwinkle on our way to the side door, and the Pomeranian "Coco" (who's still afraid of her) lives nextdoor, and she's ALWAY's trying to get his attention.

And she Absolutely Loves some of the male dogs we've seen and KNOWS where her favorite friend lives AND the cat she tries to maul to death who is the freindliest neighborhood cat, but she's too rough for him.

She'd have absolutely NO problem EVER getting home, except because she's a purebred beagle, her ENTIRE body sniffs the ground non-stop when she's outside, plus when she gets to the block corners; she also likes to stop and check out the surrounding's like a security dog.

Back