website statistics on hearing and seeing disabilities.

Dannie

Reaction score
I know being deaf growing up deaf it's not a disability, but being hard of hearing you don't get the option of being in the deaf community and having all that support and visual and group actions, so I wanted to add these information statistics primarily for those who are hard of hearing or blind:

Disability Research at the CCSD

You do, but audiologists and hearing dealers and ENT's and parents of those who are Hard of Hearing "TRUST ME" do not inform the ones who are hard of hearing that there are groups and magazines that pertain to them, etc....

And most people who are hard of hearing do not know anybody else who is hard of hearing growing up, Trust me on that one!

You do, but audiologists and hearing dealers and ENT's and parents of those who are Hard of Hearing "TRUST ME" do not inform the ones who are hard of hearing that there are groups and magazines that pertain to them, etc....

And most people who are hard of hearing do not know anybody else who is hard of hearing growing up, Trust me on that one!

Oh I trust u on that one..I see that myself a lot as a teacher and with my friends. Pathetic, isnt? Those kids end up feeling like they are the only ones with hearing problems and feel that they cant measure up to the rest of the world.

Also, many deaf people do grow up not knowing anybody else who is HOH or deaf either. I am one of those.

I'm visual (blind/optic-nerve not developed in my left eye, but I have good vision in my right eye) and hearing impaired (not severe--just a bit of hearing loss on high frequencies).

Back