wanting friendship.

anport

Reaction score
My stepdad is hard of hearing and my mom and younger sister are terps. Ive been studying to learn asl so i will be able to talk to them but i cant practice with them. I would like someone to practice with and to become friends. Thank you.: )

Your mother and sister are interpreters? Yet you can't practice with them? Why not? They are your family, if anything, they would make it easier to learn with.

Welcome to AD.

Your mother and sister are interpreters? Yet you can't practice with them? Why not? They are your family, if anything, they would make it easier to learn with.

Welcome to AD.

Perhaps s/he lives with her dad.

I live on my own and my mom lives in a different town. Shes a few hours away from me and shes always way to busy to video chat. My sister is still in high school.

All cool. You will find.someone here to practice with....Im sure...
Great you want t. Learn sign, sign will set....(refer to my sig)

:welcome:

Your sister is still in high school but she's a terp? She certainly isn't a certified interpreter.

Welcome to the All Deaf Forum! There are many of us here who would be willing to help you learn ASL.

My sister interps for her church and i would love the help from anyone. :)

:welcome:

Your sister is still in high school but she's a terp? She certainly isn't a certified interpreter.

You can be in high school and still get certified in anything if your school signs off in it and as long as your a Jr or higher and holds a 3.5 gpa. I had my cosmetology certification in highschool.

Sent from my SM-T520 using AllDeaf App mobile app

You can be in high school and still get certified in anything if your school signs off in it and as long as your a Jr or higher and holds a 3.5 gpa. I had my cosmetology certification in highschool.

Not a RID/NAD certified interpreter. It requires a college degree, passing the written exam, and passing the practical exam.

I seen a certificate program at a university that just required high school diploma or equivalent or certificate from high school. I was thinking it was like having an elective. When I was in high school my school had those options for AP and honor students.

I seen a certificate program at a university that just required high school diploma or equivalent or certificate from high school. I was thinking it was like having an elective. When I was in high school my school had those options for AP and honor students.

RID CERTIFICATION

Back