Walmart Joins Forces With Homeland Security To Spy On You

yizuman

Reaction score
By Teena Clipston
Last Updated Dec 10, 2010, Published Dec 7, 2010

Department of Homeland Security Walmart Public Service Announcement.

December 7, 2010. Walmart partners with the Department of Homeland Security to spy on their customers.

This is not a joke. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is encouraging people to spy on their neighbours and Americans everywhere. All part of the "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign.

If you thought the Naked Body Scanners in the airports were out of control. Take a good look at where the scanners are going next. Currently they are being deployed on the streets of America, bus stations, and train stations as well as airports.
Spying on Americans is the New Defense Against Terrorism

Here is a message from the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security posted in an unusual announcement on YouTube.

(Video is CC)

YouTube - Walmart Public Service Announcement

“Hi, I’m Janet Napolitano, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. Homeland security begins with hometown security that’s why I am please that Walmart is helping to make our communities more safe and secure. If you SEE something suspicious in the parking lot or in the store SAY something immediately. Report suspicious activity to your local police or sheriff. If you need help, ask a Walmart manager for assistance. Thank you for doing your part to help keep our hometowns safe.”

In the next 24 hours, 200 Walmart stores in the U.S. will participate in the spying on customers policy, and by the month’s end 588 stores in 27 states will be participating in the program.

In essence, anyone who does not like the way you look, speak, walk, or talk, can turn you in to the Department of Homeland Security.
Walmart employees will not receive any special training for this extra task, but will work with local police to enforce it.

No One Can Be Trusted

Whether you are in Walmart, the airport, on the subway, or at home, the message is clear, be very afraid, the person next to you can be a terrorist.

New York City has initiated a campaign for subway riders, at the tune of $13 million from Homeland Security, “If you see something, say something.”

The program has also been expanded to include the Mall of American and the American Hotel & Lodging Association, as well as, all sports and concert settings.

Feel Safe Yet?

Is all of this fear really necessary?

Benjamin Franklin said it best, “Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

The truth of the matter is, CBS reports, the TSA has not caught a terrorist, ever.

American’s have all ways had a fear of outsiders, however, now Americans are fearing each other.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czoww2l1xdw&feature=related[/ame]

Source: Walmart Now Spying for Homeland Security

O
M
Gs!
:Ohno::run:
You you serious? Go to a Walmart manager?! You have got to be kidding. Like any of them are qualified to help in a terrorist situation. :Ohno:

O
M
Gs!
You you serious? Go to a Walmart manager?! You have got to be kidding. Like any of them are qualified to help in a terrorist situation. :Ohno:

Nope, in fact, no training for the employees is required. A much worse state than TSA. What's common for both TSA and Walmart is neither jobs requires a HS diploma or GED to be hired.

Kinda scary when you think about that for a moment.....

Yiz

Nope, in fact, no training for the employees is required. A much worse state than TSA. What's common for both TSA and Walmart is neither jobs requires a HS diploma or GED to be hired.

Yiz

TSA require HS and GED degree but for walmart require no degree so they usually hire anyone who dropped out from high school in past.

um.... this thread is full of misleading information....

1. TSA requires GED/HS degree
2. Walmart is not spying on customers for Homeland Security
3. You got it wrong.... The message was - "if you see something suspicious, report it!"
4. You, as a private citizen and Walmart customer, will be doing the spying.... not Walmart employees :)

“Hi, I’m Janet Napolitano, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. Homeland security begins with hometown security that’s why I am please that Walmart is helping to make our communities more safe and secure. If you SEE something suspicious in the parking lot or in the store SAY something immediately. Report suspicious activity to your local police or sheriff. If you need help, ask a Walmart manager for assistance. Thank you for doing your part to help keep our hometowns safe.”

what's scary is getting wrong information and freaking out based on wrong information :Ohno:

Why is Homeland Security bothering with Walmart anyway? Most people have a common sense to report suspicious activities anyway. Walmart employees have already been trained to watch for thefts as well as cashier watching for any kind of suspicious purchases such as meth making ingredients, those sort of things.

Having Homeland Security joining forces with Walmart is a bit over the top, I would think.

Why is Homeland Security bothering with Walmart anyway?
because Walmart is #1 store in USA with the largest consumer base. It's typical to start with the biggest player to inform the mass public about public awareness.

Most people have a common sense to report suspicious activities anyway.
Are you sure about that? They mostly ignore it or act like a bunch of bystanders with cameras to upload to youtube.

Walmart employees have already been trained to watch for thefts as well as cashier watching for any kind of suspicious purchases such as meth making ingredients or materials, those sort of things.

Having Homeland Security joining forces with Walmart is a bit over the top, I would think.
um.... Homeland Security is not "joining forces" with Walmart. Homeland Security is expanding its "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign. I don't see anything wrong with this. This is a lot cheaper and least invasive method to protect the national security. Or..... do you prefer that Homeland Security hires more officers and contracts more private security like Blackwater to police USA? do you prefer that the government creates more technology and laws to monitor us?

DHS: Secretary Napolitano Announces Expansion of "If You See Something, Say Something" Campaign to Walmart Stores Across the Nation
Washington, D.C. - Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today announced the expansion of the Department's national "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign to hundreds of Walmart stores across the country - launching a new partnership between DHS and Walmart to help the American public play an active role in ensuring the safety and security of our nation.

"Homeland security starts with hometown security, and each of us plays a critical role in keeping our country and communities safe," said Secretary Napolitano. "I applaud Walmart for joining the ‘If You See Something, Say Something' campaign. This partnership will help millions of shoppers across the nation identify and report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to law enforcement authorities."

The "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign—originally implemented by New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority and funded, in part, by $13 million from DHS' Transit Security Grant Program—is a simple and effective program to engage the public and key frontline employees to identify and report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to the proper transportation and law enforcement authorities.

More than 230 Walmart stores nationwide launched the "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign today, with a total of 588 Walmart stores in 27 states joining in the coming weeks. A short video message will play at select checkout locations to remind shoppers to contact local law enforcement to report suspicious activity.

Over the past five months, DHS has worked with its federal, state, local and private sector partners, as well as the Department of Justice, to expand the "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign and Nationwide SAR Initiative to communities throughout the country—including the recent state-wide expansions of the "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign across Minnesota and New Jersey. Partners include the Mall of America, the American Hotel & Lodging Association, Amtrak, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, sports and general aviation industries, and state and local fusion centers across the country.

In the coming months, the Department will continue to expand the "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign nationally with public education materials and outreach tools designed to help America's businesses, communities and citizens remain vigilant and play an active role in keeping the country safe.

So if a couple were to talk smack about Obama (minus the talk of killing him, just about his workmanship) and someone sees/hears them, should they call the police?

How far can this "See something, Say something" campaign go?

I recall back in the days in Germany whereas people would report to the Gestapo on trivial stuff, such as not liking what they see and or hear.

I foresee this campaign going out of control sometime in the future.

Yiz

So if a couple were to talk smack about Obama (minus the talk of killing him, just about his workmanship) and someone sees/hears them, should they call the police?
what's the difference with now or before anyway? Many people including kokonut are still talking smack about Obama. They are protected by Amendment 1.

How far can this "See something, Say something" campaign go?
nothing far. we've had this campaign for... decades. Nobody is overreacting except you.

I recall back in the days in Germany whereas people would report to the Gestapo on trivial stuff, such as not liking what they see and or hear.
oh? were you in Europe during Nazi occupation?

I foresee this campaign going out of control sometime in the future.

Yiz
not really. like I said - it's been going on for decades. nobody is overreacting.

The "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign—originally implemented by New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority and funded, in part, by $13 million from DHS' Transit Security Grant Program—is a simple and effective program to engage the public and key frontline employees to identify and report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to the proper transportation and law enforcement authorities.

How much money is our Government is gonna spend on ridiculous programs all in the name of "security"? All these wasteful amount of taxpayer's money, sheesh! They're spending billions on TSA and not one terrorist got caught before they boarded a plane.

Yiz

Yiz

Actually if you are 18 or older, you must have a HS Diploma or GED to be hired at Walmart. Those that are currently working there without that were grandfathered in before the new policy took effect. Those are the ones that have been there 20+ years, the old diehards that think Walmart is just grand (when we all know it's not, it's just a ridiculous hypermart that was based off a European idea that took hold in America)

I don't know about kids who work at WM while going to school and then drop out. I'm not sure what WM does to those employees. Maybe they give them x amount of time to get a GED or face termination?

I know I had to show proof of my diploma when I was hired some 2 years ago.

Actually if you are 18 or older, you must have a HS Diploma or GED to be hired at Walmart. Those that are currently working there without that were grandfathered in before the new policy took effect. Those are the ones that have been there 20+ years, the old diehards that think Walmart is just grand (when we all know it's not, it's just a ridiculous hypermart that was based off a European idea that took hold in America)

I don't know about kids who work at WM while going to school and then drop out. I'm not sure what WM does to those employees. Maybe they give them x amount of time to get a GED or face termination?

I know I had to show proof of my diploma when I was hired some 2 years ago.

I used to work at walmart for 3 years and no HS/GED required to be hired so there was plenty of co-workers who dropped out from HS in past.

I used to work at walmart for 3 years and no HS/GED required to be hired so there was plenty of co-workers who dropped out from HS in past.

Maybe it varies by state?? Most employers, including big box chain stores, will not hire any employees that do not have a high-school diploma or a GED at the least.

Maybe it varies by state?? Most employers, including big box chain stores, will not hire any employees that do not have a high-school diploma or a GED at the least.

It seems like their policy may changed that I didn't aware of that.

If HS or GED required to work at walmart is GOOD because I don't have deal with employees who unable to read or write to use communicate with me. One of co-worker who dropped out at 8th grade and he is unable to read or write, even he can't write his name so I was like RME and make communication like hell.

I worked at Wally World for a year and I knew many employees that got hired there had no HS diploma or GED.

Yiz

O
M
Gs!
I shit you not my name is. 5th generation American .Brenden Darryl Soliz and I have been under investigation by the FBI and intelligence community . I was asked to leave the sonics for no reason.so I said I'm not leaving I'm going to finish my food. They called the police I was going to but my phone was dead so I walked over to the Walmart and asked 10 different employees to call the police or let me speak with the store manager. All of them refused me. What happen to innocent until proven guilty. And not to mention I still have not received a reason why I'm being investigated. I live in So Cal

Back