Upside down ASL

thekraken

Reaction score
I am looking for some quick feedback on this link:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx8pQWRop_A]IMGP0767 - YouTube[/ame]

Does it communicate: "U R Here" even though it is upside down? Any feedback greatly appreciated!!!

Well, if we were to assume he is using letters... that would be U R, but the last part isn't a letter... unless he's using a different sign language system where it's different?

Or, he could simply be using the number "1".

Or, he could be pointing "down".

It could be anything.

Why don't you ask that person directly? :)

@ Cylly1, I considered that!

@ VamPyroX, I was after the word "here" as it shows here: ASL Dictionary : here but I guess a simple finger pointing down does not communicate the idea well. I need to keep it simple, it is for a project, otherwise I could use the version of "here" that seems to be more common: ASL Dictionary : here

Thanks for validating my concern :)

Well, if we were to assume he is using letters... that would be U R, but the last part isn't a letter... unless he's using a different sign language system where it's different?

Or, he could simply be using the number "1".

Or, he could be pointing "down".

It could be anything.

Why don't you ask that person directly? :)

Underneath the video it says "U R Here." ^^

I think he is using the letters for UGH when he want to say in private in sign. That is for himself or herself. But when someone make a YouTube and wonder what the sign is. Just have to make a guess on it. :hmm:

The way I see it is like UGH. Hope that help. :)

The second letter is an "R" so I don't think it's UGH.

I think he is using the letters for UGH when he want to say in private in sign. That is for himself or herself. But when someone make a YouTube and wonder what the sign is. Just have to make a guess on it. :hmm:

The way I see it is like UGH. Hope that help. :)

I guess I was tired from being on the computer and miss the fingerspell. How embarrassing what I thought when I saw the spelling but type it all wrong. How ignorant I am. :lol: Sorry about my mistakes.

Maybe the fingerspell he or she was using probably mean nothing. :dunno:

I have been thinking about URG with the finger pointing down last night. I think it is a code for saying "You are down" like an insult. I don't know why the camera is pointing at it and find it is kind of insulting wanting us to know what he or she was trying to say. It was like a private message to anyone who can figure out what it is. That is my thought on this. :hmm:

Back