Tsarnaev Brothers - Investigation

I think she can still come to US from boat - Russia to US or Europe to US.
A boat? You mean like a private yacht or submarine? She can't sneak in on a cruise ship without a passport.

nah. Putin's just salting our wound for chastising Russians for what they're doing to Chechens.

"Russia is among the first victims, and I hate it when our Western partners call our terrorists who committed some heinous crimes in Russia ... freedom fighters... They supported them," said Putin, accusing unnamed people or groups of providing Russia's foes with political, financial and "media" support.

I believe him. They were not freedom fighters. They are terrorists.

BTW, should anyone feel sorry for his mother or that part of Russia and their "freedom fighters," you need to examine what they consider acceptable to bring their message to the world. In one of my seminars on Terrorism, I remember one gentleman's warning, "Whenever women are among the terrorists in a seige, it means children will die."

Beslan school hostage crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A boat? You mean like a private yacht or submarine? She can't sneak in on a cruise ship without a passport.

I think she has passport - if she didn't so she should be in American prison today.

Russia won't admit her in their country without passport.

I think she has passport - if she didn't so she should be in American prison today.

Russia won't admit her in their country without passport.
So her passport will be red flagged, and they'll be waiting for her at the port.

So her passport will be red flagged, and they'll be waiting for her at the port.

Very true....when someone is put in a terrorist database, the State Department puts out a "Class hit." This means that if the person has a passport, it's no longer valid. The computers used by Homeland Security track these hits so they're alterted once the person carrying the passport appears in person and they're then led away from the public in a private area referred to as "Inspection 2." Having a passport is completely meaningless if it's voided and a hit is attached. It's like someone putting a bug on your car to follow you where ever you drive.

BTW, should anyone feel sorry for his mother or that part of Russia and their "freedom fighters," you need to examine what they consider acceptable to bring their message to the world. In one of my seminars on Terrorism, I remember one gentleman's warning, "Whenever women are among the terrorists in a seige, it means children will die."

Beslan school hostage crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

duh. they're terrorists, not freedom fighters.

duh. they're terrorists, not freedom fighters.

I'm well aware of it Jiro, not everyone is and very few people remember incidents like this. If it didn't happen yesterday, most people don't remember....

I'm well aware of it Jiro, not everyone is and very few people remember incidents like this. If it didn't happen yesterday, most people don't remember....
There's no way I could ever forget what happened at the Beslan school. :(

There's no way I could ever forget what happened at the Beslan school. :(

and Moscow theater hostage crisis :(

the Russians really need to reexamine their counterterrorism approach. it's too reckless.

then don't confuse those who don't remember it or are not aware of it with this "that part of Russia and their "freedom fighters"" line.

they're terrorists, not freedom fighters. period. let's not forget that what Russians did to Chechnya was condemnable.

Reconstructing the trail of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's deleted Instagram account - CNN.com
(CNN) -- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's Twitter account and VK Russian social networking profile have drawn heavy public scrutiny, but he left another, more hidden social media trail: a deleted Instagram account that sources close to him tell CNN once belonged to the accused Boston bomber.

The Instagram account, with the user name "jmaister1," no longer exists, and friends of Tsarnaev say it was deleted only recently. An Instagram spokesman declined to comment on the account or disclose when the account was deleted.

CNN National Security Analyst Juliette Kayyem says the account could be significant.

"If I were an investigator right now, obviously the platform he deleted matters the most," she said.

Traces of the jmaister1 account were still visible this week in Google's Web cache and on other archiving sites. Digital sleuths often use those tools to find glimpses of deleted material.

"It's exactly like an archive," tech entrepreneur and programmer Sam Altman explained to CNN. "So no matter what changes were made to the page today, on the current server, Google has this sort of imprint from a couple of weeks ago."

Tsarnaev's complete account could not be recovered with those tools. Google's cache stores the pages it indexes for variable lengths of time -- sometimes days, sometimes weeks.

The digital traces that remain show that Tsarnaev added a "like" on several photos referring to Chechnya that were posted by other Instagram users. One shows Chechen warlord Shamil Basayev, a onetime government official who later masterminded terrorist attacks against Russia. Basayev was killed in 2006.

Another pro-Chechnya image that Tsarnaev "liked" carries a string of hashtags including #FreeChechenia #Jihad #Jannah #ALLAH #Jesus and #God. An academic Chechnya expert who CNN consulted said the images illustrated a familiarity with Chechen politics and iconography.

Tsarnaev's Instagram account wasn't widely known; CNN spoke with several friends of his who said they were unaware of its existence. Two of his high-school classmates, however, told CNN about the account and said he used it to keep in touch with a close-knit group of school friends.

The two classmates say they are shocked by -- and in some case, skeptical of -- the charges being levied at the friend they knew as "Jahar." As one told CNN: "Jahar was the last person you'd expect to do this. I've honestly never heard anybody say anything bad about him."

Since Tsarnaev's account was deleted, little of what he wrote and posted remains publicly visible, but Kayyem expects investigators to take a closer look at whatever data they can reconstruct.

"Were there clues embedded in the combination of images that can tell us something about what Dzhokhar was thinking?" she said. "Some of those pictures are very benign. Some of them standing alone don't mean anything."

Instagram makes clear in its terms of service that it will turn its records over to law enforcement officials when it receives a valid subpoena or search warrant.

"Given the volume of real-time content on Instagram, some information may only be stored for a short period of time," Instagram says on its site. "We do not retain data for law enforcement purposes unless we receive a valid preservation request.

and Moscow theater hostage crisis :(

the Russians really need to reexamine their counterterrorism approach. it's too reckless.

They were clueless unfortunately, and unprepared. They handled it as badly as the Germans did at the Munich Olympics. Remember, this was one of the first times they saw women playing an active role and they didn't know how to react to the situation.With terrorism, negotiation has to be taken out of the situation. Margaret Thatcher was correct, you can’t negotiate with terrorists. They don’t deal, make promises, or keep them for that matter.

However, I give the Russians credit, they’re doing everything possible to prevent this from happening again. Whatever political disagreements we may have as governments, we should always work to support one another’s counter terrorism programs. Terrorism is now the one global tragedy all countries have in common.

Update on Mercedes driver:

Carjacking victim describes harrowing night

By Eric Moskowitz | GLOBE STAFF APRIL 26, 2013

The 26-year-old Chinese entrepreneur had just pulled his new Mercedes to the curb on Brighton Avenue to answer a text when an old sedan swerved behind him, slamming to a stop. A man in dark clothes got out and approached the passenger window. It was nearly 11 p.m. last Thursday....
Carjack victim recounts his harrowing night - Metro - The Boston Globe

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...owing-night/BhQWGzarWee8MZ6KtMHJNN/story.html

feels bad, man. sifting thru in the most filthy, foulest, nastiest place...

Yes, beware of mercury from broken CFL in landfill because not everyone recycle it or proper disposal.

Back