The way we were.

Dark-Half

Reaction score
Today I went to bug my sisters cat in the other room and found him sleeping on the matress and next to it was a box filled with family photos. I had a urge to look through them. It refreshed memories once forgotten. "I used to be this person" my old friends, my cat, my dog, places I've been family members when they were younger. Hm, so many smiles kinda making me a little teary.

I went downstairs after that, gave my parents a hug out of the blue and wanted to tell them how much I love and apperecaite them but I just couldn't without bailing into a blubbering emotional mess of tears :P It's just how I am in these sort of situations. Overly emotional. I almost did after i hugged my dad and looked at him. He's aged and still strong. He noticed that though I think hes worried now haha.

they say to live life without regret and be proud of who you are and what you have done in your life. I know I can keep my head high for all I've done and the person I am today. I am not without my flaws but regardless.

Anyone here should utter a prayer to those departed family members. Call up those who are distanced and living let them know you love them and those present, embrace and hug them. This is a kind reminder that people we take for granted won't always be there. Just like a camera's flash, life can dissappear before your eyes. Live as if it's the last day on earth. cheers. =) I'm gonna go bail now. My nose is already runny. Being a wet wimpering jelly muffin is fun. :eek3:

Dark-half

Thanks for sharing this, your absolutely right how we need to call family , friends that we have been distance with but also call and keep in touch with loved ones life is so short as my late grandma would say. I am sure your parents appreciate what they have done for you even through the good/bad times that's all part of life. Your post is very heartfelt.

A very nice sentiment on this forum this Wednesday morning for a change. Thanks for that.....

Thanks for sharing that Dark-Half. I think its wonderful that you reacted the way you did. I have lost my mother, father, husband, and only brother. I am very grateful for all the photos I have, but sure do wish they were here so I could hug them one more time.

Today I went to bug my sisters cat in the other room and found him sleeping on the matress and next to it was a box filled with family photos. I had a urge to look through them. It refreshed memories once forgotten. "I used to be this person" my old friends, my cat, my dog, places I've been family members when they were younger. Hm, so many smiles kinda making me a little teary.

I went downstairs after that, gave my parents a hug out of the blue and wanted to tell them how much I love and apperecaite them but I just couldn't without bailing into a blubbering emotional mess of tears :P It's just how I am in these sort of situations. Overly emotional. I almost did after i hugged my dad and looked at him. He's aged and still strong. He noticed that though I think hes worried now haha.

they say to live life without regret and be proud of who you are and what you have done in your life. I know I can keep my head high for all I've done and the person I am today. I am not without my flaws but regardless.

Anyone here should utter a prayer to those departed family members. Call up those who are distanced and living let them know you love them and those present, embrace and hug them. This is a kind reminder that people we take for granted won't always be there. Just like a camera's flash, life can dissappear before your eyes. Live as if it's the last day on earth. cheers. =) I'm gonna go bail now. My nose is already runny. Being a wet wimpering jelly muffin is fun. :eek3:

Post of the day. :cheers:

Moral of this story is Life is too short and precious. Let's stop brickering over stupid things and have fun :D

:D yay, i feel so much better. Now that I wasn't so moody I actually could tell them that I loved and apperecated them even though I had trouble pronouncing apperecate but I think my mom got it after I explained the definition. It put a smile on their face.

:D yay, i feel so much better. Now that I wasn't so moody I actually could tell them that I loved and apperecated them even though I had trouble pronouncing apperecate but I think my mom got it after I explained the definition. It put a smile on their face.

Feels good to make loved ones smile,doesn't it?

Dark-Half, thanks very much for your lovely post. Having a terminally ill parent myself, I can tell you first hand that you can NEVER take it for granted that the people you love are always going to be there for you. Each day is a gift, and something to be cherished.

I called my Mom to tell her I love her, after reading your post. How funny that we often forget how much saying those three little words can make both parties feel so much better!

Thanks for being brave enough to post this! More straight men need to allow themselves to be emotional from time to time, there's no shame in it! :)

Back