The destructive storm in NYC

I best upload the pix.... bleh :lol:

Microburst...... actually straight line winds is what I was trying to come up with though..... See it alot here

Didn't think it was microburst but I did post that the cloud looked very weird over NYC where I said it looks as if Allah was punishing NYC for burning Koran

Microburst...... actually straight line winds is what I was trying to come up with though..... See it alot here

Yeah, seen it few times in my life too. I saw one that brought a wall of dust thousands of feet into the air back in Utah. It also caused trees to suddenly go wild. :lol:

Most of the microbursts are from dying thunderstorms that are dissapating and die off. (losing strengh and fizzling out)

2upb9fd.jpg

2z8vleu.jpg

vnmdxs.jpg

I could see the dark spot in the distance...interesting.

I wouldn't call it a "tornado".... more like a sudden gush of wind

I agree... I was in NYC at Port Authority and Penn Station yesterday (Thursday) late morning...hmm I must've missed it. It didn't happen in Long Island though. Luckily enough, my friend's wedding is still standing set at 2 pm today (Saturday).

wish I can do better.... my pix has no depth of field and the color isn't rich enough.

but the view was breathtaking and powerful.

Sorry if i'm being nosy but curious..what kind of camera did you use to shot the gush pic? I know what you mean about no depth enough and not rich of color, even the texture for the distance shot pic like Canon Powershot S400, S500, and S1000. These are the kind of cameras I have now.

I agree... I was in NYC at Port Authority and Penn Station yesterday (Thursday) late morning...hmm I must've missed it. It didn't happen in Long Island though. Luckily enough, my friend's wedding is still standing set at 2 pm today (Saturday).

it affected upper-east NYC... northern Brooklyn, Queens, and Flushing.

Sorry if i'm being nosy but curious..what kind of camera did you use to shot the gush pic? I know what you mean about no depth enough and not rich of color, even the texture for the distance shot pic like Canon Powershot S400, S500, and S1000. These are the kind of cameras I have now.

He use polaroid. :D

Canon Powershot G10

it affected upper-east NYC... northern Brooklyn, Queens, and Flushing.

But there was some damage i think it was some flood or something along a handful of houses were partly damaged in Glen Cove (Nassau County.)

Back