TGV (high speed rail) world speed record

Most commuter trains don't have to deal with traffic, pedestrians crossing the road, road construction, etc.. so that makes things significantly faster even when the train is not the fastest.

People still can cross the tracks, cars can drive across the tracks which makes a huge delay if it ends up in an accident. (That's for the regular commuter trains with push/pull diesel locomotives).

The orange TGV you talking about is the orginal one from the 1970's and 80's. They aren't used anymore in revenue service as they're retired.

The orange TGV you talking about is the orginal one from the 1970's and 80's. They aren't used anymore in revenue service as they're retired.

Yes, I know they change everything since 1980's.
I was in Italy 1983 and 1985. Not visit europe since Dec 1985. My wife still go to Italy. Last summer, she was in Italy. She has own condo at near Venice, Italy. She was born in Venice. Her family member was there during WWII.

Few times, I have been in Paris.

Also, I stood close-up Concord or SST at Dulles Airport, JFK Airport and Paris's north airport. Few times, I watched Concord or SST lift off from airport. Never see SST arrive on the land from air.

Yes, I know they change everything since 1980's.
I was in Italy 1983 and 1985. Not visit europe since Dec 1985. My wife still go to Italy. Last summer, she was in Italy. She has own condo at near Venice, Italy. She was born in Venice. Her family member was there during WWII.

Few times, I have been in Paris.

Also, I stood close-up Concord or SST at Dulles Airport, JFK Airport and Paris's north airport. Few times, I watched Concord or SST lift off from airport. Never see SST arrive on the land from air.

Wow, that's a long time ago haha.

I have seen a Concorde close up and I have pictures of it. It arrived to Seattle to retire at the flight museum. I went in the plane, wow it's small! I feel bad for big people won't be able to ride it. The seats look kinda like a sports car style.

People still can cross the tracks, cars can drive across the tracks which makes a huge delay if it ends up in an accident. (That's for the regular commuter trains with push/pull diesel locomotives).

That's why we have raid road crossings with "gates". Most trains, even the slow ones, are going to fast and/or have to much weight to stop for a pedestrian or car crossing a rail road track.

Back