Sunfires

Right now where i am gas is 3.55 and diesel is only 3.89

Although is sucks how much mpg diesels have lost due to emissions. The other thing is a good diesel mechanic will cost you. I know a few and they are in high demand. Nothing is cooler than that diesel sound though.

I do know a little about diesels, the glow plugs and starting...waaaiiiiitttttt....lol
Yeah the diesel uses less fuel to combust as it basically ignites under pressure, the glow plug just helps it to combust til it starts after that the glow plugs basically don't do anything. Probly less maintenance in the long run but still when something happens it does get expensive, I know some diesel mechanics but myself I don't know much about them other than turn a key and go.

Right now where i am gas is 3.55 and diesel is only 3.89

Although is sucks how much mpg diesels have lost due to emissions. The other thing is a good diesel mechanic will cost you. I know a few and they are in high demand. Nothing is cooler than that diesel sound though.

Depend which evaporation (EVAP) or diesel exhaust fluid (DEF). DEF is almost 3% diesel fuel consumption than EVAP. I never like idea of EVAP due lose power and leak issue.

I do know a little about diesels, the glow plugs and starting...waaaiiiiitttttt....lol
Yeah the diesel uses less fuel to combust as it basically ignites under pressure, the glow plug just helps it to combust til it starts after that the glow plugs basically don't do anything. Probly less maintenance in the long run but still when something happens it does get expensive, I know some diesel mechanics but myself I don't know much about them other than turn a key and go.

All semi-trucks do not have glow plugs. Just start and go without problem at around 40F or up. If 30F or less then use 110v plug in to heat up motor. Diesel love warm. Make sure semi-truck's brake air system are 110 PSI or over.

Around 90's or older for normal trucks. Yes, Turn key on and waiting till glow plug lamp went off then starting. Now around 00's or newer, Just start right away as warm weather. For VW TDI at winter? Probably 10 seconds then start motor.

Back