Stop Mountain Top Removal! Save Appalachia!

Here in California, we have so many mines have not been sealed. Take $$$$$$$ and years to find them and seal them. I am guilty for digging gold and leave it as it is and I should have put them back to where it was before.

Here in California, we have so many mines have not been sealed. Take $$$$$$$ and years to find them and seal them. I am guilty for digging gold and leave it as it is and I should have put them back to where it was before.

you are right!!

Geez, that's something new for me to learn. I didn't know about that now. That's really sad mess.

There might be some old Indian graves on that mountain. Who knows! I bet that the Indian ghosts are going to hunt the rednecks who were the diggers on the mountain. Why rednecks? It's because they are not educated and take the money without a justice. Hmm, I am not so sure about Jiro... since he is Sergeant Major of the Army so he will take care of that for us.

Wirelessly posted

Rednecks don't live on mountains. Hillbillies do. And believe or not, they are trying to save the mountains.

Last edited:
If us humans just got out of the way, the Earth would simply heal itself from our destruction over about 50,000 year span. Yes, it can even heal itself from our nuclear power plants, it just takes a long time. Even though our huge monuments or should I say remains of them might still be around, over all the Earth will return to its natural state. It takes a lifetime to return a hardwood forest to a mature state, you just have to leave it alone and let nature heal itself.

However this does NOT give humanity the license to destroy the Earth. We are using materials and destroying the Earth faster than it can heal itself therefore the wound just remains open and new wounds are created in the process for the sake of an energy source.

Now that most countries know better, they are trying to regulate the rate of deforestation, designating permanent greenspaces in cities, and also creating and setting aside large tracts of land as National Forests where human encroachment is limited and permanent dwellings are not allowed. It is a proven fact that if a person does not see the natural world for a very long period of time such as going weeks and weeks without seeing grass, trees, or water, they will go mentally insane. That should tell you that these forests are also our natural habitat. We've just gotten a bit too far away from it over generations that we as humans no longer feel comfortable in it.

Most folks will never see Jiro, but he is still kinda pretty. Lets deforest him. lol
See how long it takes to grow back.
(Oooo that would ouch)

Back