should I learn bsl?

meowcat

Reaction score
Wirelessly posted

I've been struggling for a while now and lip reading is not helping as I'm misunderstanding so much I'm offending people by accident I have -50db in right and -55 to -60 50db in left would it be worth it to learn bsl as I may lose my hearing altogether or wait until Its deteriorated?

Now is better. It'll take a while, but if you do lose your hearing altogether, you'll at least be prepared.

what is stopping me is that i don't know where to go to learn it and my therapist is keen on me just learning lip reading which for the life of me i cannot do

You can learn both, lip reading and BSL because it helps both. No one stops you but keep learning both.

Go for it. Learning a new language (no matter what it is) is fun. Plus, this one could benefit you more than others. :)

i just looked at its so expensive, im going to have to save up but it will be worth it

Set a goal to save up for each month, and do your best to reach that goal. You'll save a lot that way.

i just looked at its so expensive, im going to have to save up but it will be worth it

I know that would be nice if you meet someone who is an awesome BSL user so you would learn fast and its free. It depends on where you live, at work or school. If you have a great patience then it should not be problem.

I agree-- learning with someone IS the best way to quickly learn. I didn't have that option growing up.

Back