salam for all

alaa

Reaction score
salam alkom
hi to all
my name mr alaa from yemen and work in kuwait .
i have two children one boy and one girl they are deaf can not hear and can not talk .
Mohammed : 6 years old
Ghram :3 years old
I like them two much but get deffculit how i understand what they need . i need your advice .
thank you

Attachments

• tmp_٢٠١٤-١٠-٠٤ ١٢.٤٣.&#1.jpg
    tmp_٢٠١٤-١٠-٠٤ ١٢.٤٣.&#1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 30
Cute kids. My advice is to find your deaf community and all of you learn to sign.

Good luck.

I state on other thread education information but in yemen I realise not so easy disabled have rough time and stuff for deaf kids minimal...I wish you luck in finding the help you require

Sweet children. :)

I hope that you and other family members can all learn to use sign language with your son and daughter. Communication is very important.

Also, treat them the same as hearing children. Include them fully in family life.

Welcome to AllDeaf.

Sweet children. :)

I hope that you and other family members can all learn to use sign language with your son and daughter. Communication is very important.

Also, treat them the same as hearing children. Include them fully in family life.

Welcome to AllDeaf.

Just to clarify....treating them the same as a hearing child, should NOT mean to ignore the fact that they still have special needs....I see parents being told " Oh just treat them normally, treat them the same as hearing children"....The parents take THAT to mean "Oh my kid can be "normal" and doesn't need "special needs" stuff.......Treat them like hearing children but ALSO don't forget that they are Deaf and have special needs that hearing children don't.

^^^ DD, that parent didn't even come close to saying anything like that.

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum.

I think what Reba meant was that the father of the children would let the children be themselves being involved in the family. Also I hope their father and mother (if she is there with them) can sign their children's own sign language from Kuwait or Yemen. They can learn how to sign in the Deaf class in their area (city) if there is one available. Then the children and their parents can sign together for communication. That would make the children very happy. I see that the children are old enough to know that they can sign their own sign language. I hope the father and mother can find someone who can mentor for the whole family from the Deaf community in the city. I hope I make myself clear. :hmm:

Mr. Alaa, I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. You will find lots of information here. See you around here. :wave:

yes they did),and living in yemen not place want to be if deaf,nothing be done...I feel sorry for OP it going be tough

Congratulation on your children are deaf- you re not alone in the world , we re with you.
•Find a good school that can teach them thru sign language with good education and Justice.
•including you to learn sign language.
•Children needs your love and support
•And/Or get a sign language book in your Yemen. If English, definitely order online use with ASL.
•Deaf can be different due non-hear but are same human began!
•If you put them to hearing school could be result harder for your kids to get thru, the basically is to find deaf school is more easier and comfortable for your kids at beginning.
• we re here at AllDeaf.com able to help with your feedback.

I'm pro funded deaf father and parent of two hearing children.

Congratulation on your children are deaf- you re not alone in the world , we re with you.
•Find a good school that can teach them thru sign language with good education and Justice.
•And/Or get a sign language book in your Yemen. If English, definitely order online use with ASL.
•If you put them to hearing school could be result harder for your kids to get thru, the basically is to find deaf school is more easier and comfortable for your kids at beginning.

That is a strange thing to congratulate a parents on their kids being deaf.

Question:

Do Mohammed and Ghram have any medical or physical problems? They appear to be rather thin.

if she living in yemen it would be difficult do any of the things you suggest,which is very sad

if she got money maybe little better...it cases like OP need as much surport as possible I try not to be negative but she living in a country where women are less valued..this when UN should step in educate people that deaf and disable people are valued...this lady going need all the help she can get and this when sites like this can help e-mailing etc making her country step up but she got to state the problems so deaf around world can help

if she got money maybe little better...it cases like OP need as much surport as possible I try not to be negative but she living in a country where women are less valued..this when UN should step in educate people that deaf and disable people are valued...this lady going need all the help she can get and this when sites like this can help e-mailing etc making her country step up but she got to state the problems so deaf around world can help

There was a Mr. Alaa who work in Kuwait and live in Yemen. He did not mention his wife at all. Yes, the two children look thin. Maybe that is common in Yemen as it is a different country. I have never been overboard to visit other countries except in Canada and the border of Mexico.

I do hope he can let them go to a Deaf school so that they can communicate with themselves including Mr. Alaa and be able to communicate with other Deaf children. I am just guessing. :hmm:

I know the parent didn't say anything like that.....but I was simply clarifying REBA'S advice. REBA is the one who said to treat them like hearing children. Often when parents are told "Just treat them like hearing children" (even here in the US) they interpret that as "treat them as "normally" as possible. Yes, don't treat them like they're made of glass, and don't treat them like they're special or like they're something to hide.....but you can treat them just like CHILDREN should be treated, AND acknowledge that they also have special needs too.

thank you for all

if she living in yemen it would be difficult do any of the things you suggest,which is very sad
thank you for all
is any new tecnoloy can help my kids to hear and speak

Back