Rit/ntid

NTID stands for National Technical Institute for the Deaf. I assume that you already know that. I am not sure about what you mean about additional two programs. That might be something new to me.

All I know is that NTID provides three levels: Diploma, Associate in Occupational Studies (AOS), and Associate of Applied Science (AAS). If you want to receive AAS, then you are required to take Liberal Art classes at RIT.

NTID is easy level reading and writing. But, you may never know that some classes may be difficult. It is somewhat below a high school level. NTID has good programs for students to study in tech...

AOS - two or three years?
AAS - three years.

Most deaf students received an AAS in four years because of poor English, and they had to catch up in order to graduate at NTID. After you receive your AAS degree, then you are able to attend at RIT.

If you transfer from a college in the past, then RIT may waive you not take some class requirements. Unfortunately, many students did not make it so they have to meet the requirements before entering to RIT.

I remember I had an English Composition at NTID, and I did not make it so I had a 2nd chance for another composition. Finally, I passed it and entered at RIT. My friend cheated the test, and passed it. I heard that he failed at RIT in one year. I don't know what happened to him after I graduated...

http://www.ntid.rit.edu

I am sure that you will not have a problem with communication with the students. You just have to learn and accept what they are. If you don't want to socialize with them, then you could socialize with hearing people on the same campus.

Uh, about the selecting the difference class (or majors), I don't remember, but I fadely recalled that it was not easy for me to convince the supervisors because they prefer all students to take one major only.
Somehow, I convinced them, and it was successful. I realized that I should have taken one different class that I wished to study for my pleasure, but I didn't think of it at that time. I am not going back to study I had enough for me to work my ass off.

What class that you are interested in?
Come on! Cued Speech should teach all deaf students earlier until go to RIT

Back