Poison ivy..

That's a good progress on your son, but bendaryl? That's a bit odd.

i took bendaryl when i was young when i had severe case of poison ivy on me and i took bendaryl too? it helped? bendaryl is good for allergy as well as for cold allergies.

bendaryl is good for people who are allergic to bees too..

http://dermatology.about.com/cs/eczemadermatitis/a/poisonivy.htm

Treatment of Poison Ivy
The most common sites on the body for poison ivy are exposed areas on the arms, legs, and face. The intensity of the rash varies depending on the sensitivity of the person, and the amount and extent of exposure.

Washing the skin with soap and water inactivates and removes the resin. Washing is most effective if it is done within 15 minutes of exposure.
Cold, wet compresses are effective in the blistering stage. They should be used for 15 to 30 minutes several times a day for the first 3 days.
Steroid creams or ointments are helpful to reduce redness and itching. Hydrocortisone can be used on the face, but is usually not strong enough for more than mild cases on the arms or legs. Typically, a prescription strength steroid is needed for these areas.
Oral steroids are used for severe cases of poison ivy but must be used for at least a week.
Short, cool tub baths with colloidal oatmeal (Aveeno) can be soothing and help control inflammation.
Calamine lotion helps control itching but used too long can cause excessive drying of the skin and more inflammation.
Antihistamines help reduce itching and the older types such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl) help encourage sleep.
Any exposure to the eyes or eyelids or the development of a honey-colored crust should be evaluated by a health care provider.

Last year I got posion ivy from the Timberfest camping
on my leg Someone told me to put little water
and rub with Comet bleach and/or Ajax bleach

I said NO !!

Because I am NOT sure if he was joking or serious ??!!??!?!
He said he's serious, but I still do not believe him yet.

Did anyone try to mix little water with Comet bleach
and/or Ajax bleach then rub it on the leg ?

Yeah but benadryl is treated for allergy unless you brought benadryl itch cream?

:dunno:

Y said:
Last year I got posion ivy from the Timberfest camping
on my leg Someone told me to put little water
and rub with Comet bleach and/or Ajax bleach

I said NO !!

Because I am NOT sure if he was joking or serious ??!!??!?!
He said he's serious, but I still do not believe him yet.

Did anyone try to mix little water with Comet bleach
and/or Ajax bleach then rub it on the leg ?

I've never heard of that before, I'll check on my children's doctor first on this

^Angel^ said:
Yeah but benadryl is treated for allergy unless you brought benadryl itch cream?

:dunno:

I think that Luckysmile mean Benadryl as "pink pills"
NOT the Benadryl cream...

Luckysmile23 said:
no.. dont use that .. it will just make it worse.. thank goodness u have common sense to say NO..

http://poisonivy.aesir.com/view/warnings.html

http://www.lisashea.com/birding/poisonivy/myths.html

Wow it's a Good thing I followed my own instinct !!

Thanks for these links I just copy one paragraph here:

Don't use bleach! Sure, bleach burns off the
top layer of skin and can provide temporary relief.
But if bleach gets into any open sore, the blood poisoning
you get can send you to the hospital.
Use all of the other recommendations on the cures page
to manage the itch - do NOT use bleach!

Please do not use bleach or rubbing alcohol.

My Opinion:
However, this article was about Clorox Liquid Bleach...
But, what about Comet/Ajax powdered bleach ?
The reason why I wonder about this beause I noticed
that any Liquid bleach can go through skin, but
NOT with Comet/Ajax "powder bleach" which tend to
absorb the urushiol oil without going thru the skin.

I am still too chicken to try it anyway LOL

i checked with the dr this morning on why do tj have to take Benadryl and what it is used for? he said its used to relieve itching and help TJ sleep through the night without waking up to itch. I noticed when not giving TJ the medicine.. he is scratching on it.. i gave him some and it didnt cause him to scratch on more? it does help relieve the itching.

Luckysmile23 said:
i checked with the dr this morning on why do tj have to take Benadryl and what it is used for? he said its used to relieve itching and help TJ sleep through the night without waking up to itch. I noticed when not giving TJ the medicine.. he is scratching on it.. i gave him some and it didnt cause him to scratch on more? it does help relieve the itching.

That's true, it's the best way to avoid itching during the sleep.

Back