pictures of the fishes and scallops!

Babyblue

Reaction score
While I was on my trip. I made some post in the Lounge thread about going Fishing and scalloping.

Here are some photos that I want to share with you. As this thread moves along I will add more photos.

I truly enjoyed this trip! Especially when we actually catch something!! :lol:

DSC_1380.jpg

The Red Groupers!

DSC_1468.jpg

These are the true scallops! They were excellent, and fun to catch!!

Congrats on the catch! They look good to eat. ;)

Congrats on the catch! They look good to eat. ;)

Thanks! The scallops gets snappy! :lol: Never knew they had a fight in them. I would dive for one and catch it, and they remind me of Pac Man! Got my finger nipped by one! :rofl:

Thanks! The scallops gets snappy! :lol: Never knew they had a fight in them. I would dive for one and catch it, and they remind me of Pac Man! Got my finger nipped by one! :rofl:

Yw and really??? I never knew scallops do snap. I thought they were just slow moving shellfish like oysters.

I'm glad that you had fun. I bet that it was a nice weather. Were you go fishing on a boat?

Yw and really??? I never knew scallops do snap. I thought they were just slow moving shellfish like oysters.

Nope, They are pretty quick. They snap to swim, pushes them around in the water. They will give you a good squirt in the eye too, if you pick one up out of the water and look at it. :lol:

I had a hilarious time out there. Learned a lot about scalloping. My Kids loved it as well. They got more than I did!

I'm glad that you had fun. I bet that it was a nice weather. Were you go fishing on a boat?

Thanks! Off of Keaton Beach, Florida.. They say it is the scallop capital. The weather was excellent, Saturday and Sunday!

Nope, They are pretty quick. They snap to swim, pushes them around in the water. They will give you a good squirt in the eye too, if you pick one up out of the water and look at it. :lol:

I had a hilarious time out there. Learned a lot about scalloping. My Kids loved it as well. They got more than I did!

Wow, that's interesting and new to learn about them. Sounds like fun, though.

Glad you had fun, Babyblue!
Thanks for sharing the photos with us.
What a good catching you are! ;)

Last week, my two brothers, my niece, my nephew and I went out for a boat ride (in Long Island) and fishing. One of my brothers tried to catch the fish.
No fish around. How weird? I assumed that there are not many fish around.
My brother works at the boat store, selling the boats, etc. He has a boat and dock it there, where he works.

I personally enjoyed scalloping more than fishing.

I always have to take medicine to prevent motion sickness when we go way out in the Gulf. The medicine a lot of times makes me drowsy.

Scalloping is inshore on the shallow grassy flats. So I do not get seasick nor I have to take medicine. Plus you swim

I thought that is a clams....:hmm:

Sound like you guys had fun! :) Never had that kind of fish to eat but it look good! :)

It´s good to know that you enjoy yourself to catch fishes and scallops.

I last collected scallops and boiled them with plenty of water with lemon juice long time ago.

I thought that is a clams....:hmm:

Sound like you guys had fun! :) Never had that kind of fish to eat but it look good! :)

Scallops are quite different from clams.

Scallops_Recipes_Page.jpg

These are Scallops

clams.jpg

These are clams

Last edited:
aww i know my kids would love it if we were there! it sounds FUN to me! I never knew how scallops gets snappy so bad! ha thank you for sharing the pictures.

Nice pictures!

Is that your boat? or are you renting it?
Nice boat, btw.

I remember, my grandfather took me to the bay when I was little. I helped him to pick the snails and put them in the pail. I had fun with him. :D

Back