Newbie registering a COMPLAINT!

burrpenick

Reaction score
Just found out my Freedom hearing aid purchased online from America Hears in PA no longer supports my aid- 8 yrs after purchase for $1000. BEWARE, if you buy online you may not be able to have it serviced or repaired. Its been on OK instrument but needs some minor adjustments. I strongly object to any excuse the firm offers, like lack of parts etc. GM/Chrysler/Ford make sufficient parts to last so should these companies.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Companies are only required to support products for 7 years max.

Also 8 years is a long time for a HA. (Also $1000 is fairly cheap for a HA)

I'd never suggest buying a HA online - because service & qulaity often leave a lot to be desired.

I always deal with an Audiologist and stick with brand name HAs (Phonak, Widex, Oticon, Siemens, Starkey).

Cutting corners by getting no name HAs online is rarely "worth it" or a good idea.

Last edited:
Ok, get a cheap bike at Walmart. You'll be lucky to have it last 3 years or get a more expensive bike from bike store. Have it last you many more years.

Hearing aids are just something you buy. You chose to go cheap. Sorry.

Most laws with statute of limitation is 7 years, your sucker to file complaint. Congratulation on yourself making you look real idiot.

The only one that is exempted from statute of limitation is murder.

burrpenick,

That's a real bummer. And hey, to all of those who lack sympathy for this post, not everyone can afford name brand hearing aids.

I think 8yrs out of a thousand-dollar HA is really good going. These don't last forever, and probably aren't expected to - hence the 7-year support.

Wirelessly posted

I am lucky to have my brand name HAs to last 5 years. :dunno:

same with loveblue here, I had an older pair that lasted so long!!! (Siemens analog from when I was a baby)

I've been lucky to have my HAs last me 10 years or more (I had a pair that lasted 15 years!) It is at that time that external parts are starting to fall apart. The casing can only handle so much wear and tear, not to mention internal parts. When it does come time to replace those, it's because it's in poor enough condition that repairs will cost more than a replacement. So it's not surprising that certain HAs are supported for only so many years.

Just found out my Freedom hearing aid purchased online from America Hears in PA no longer supports my aid- 8 yrs after purchase for $1000. BEWARE, if you buy online you may not be able to have it serviced or repaired. Its been on OK instrument but needs some minor adjustments. I strongly object to any excuse the firm offers, like lack of parts etc. GM/Chrysler/Ford make sufficient parts to last so should these companies.

Minor adjustments? Did Columbus bring that over on the boat?

Back