Newb

Big_Z

Reaction score
My name is Zach. I am a 29yr old male from Austin, TX. Not deaf yet but seem to be on the way. For the past year I have been progressively losing hearing and it is showing no signs of stopping. It all started with a high pitched tinnitus in the right ear which soon progressed to the left(and has never gone away). Thought it was just ringing until one day the right ear started to suddenly roar and feel full then I noticed my hearing become distorted. This has been happening off and on in both ears since then. All the while I am noticing it is becoming harder and harder to distinguish speech and sound is just not as vibrant as it once was. The ringing gets louder as the world gets more and more quiet. My ENT thinks it is Meniere's but I am not experiencing any vestibular symptoms. No vertigo at all. Anyway, just thought I would share my story and I look forward to to getting to know you all.

Hi. That also sounds like auto immune deafness. Did they give you a course of steroids?

Yes. It seemed to work but when I finished the course it started to get worse. I am going tuesday to get the shots directly to the ears. Do you think it will help after so long? It has been a year since this started and I'm just not sure the shots will work. Do you have any advice?

Yes. It seemed to work but when I finished the course it started to get worse. I am going tuesday to get the shot directly to the ear. Do you think it will help after so long?

I am not a doctor. But if your doctor thinks it will help, you might as well try it.

Then of course if it doesn't, you are in good company here with us. :)

Thank you for the warm welcome. It means the world to me to know there are people here I can talk to.

Back