New to this Site

I've always been to a regular school, but I of course had an IEP, including math goals, that I still haven't exactly mastered, I suck at math and science, and I still hate both of those subjects to this day. But grade school, even though I had friends, they made me wear that horrible body box aids thingy, whatever it's called, I don't have very good memories of it. The only time I was allowed to take it off was at P.E, recess and before I went home, that thing was almost like torture, and one of the reasons why I don't like wearing hearing aids, but I'm trying to get back into that, starting with a new appointment to change my molds. Though I haven't exactly settled on the color, the actual aid is a light (Carolina) blue.

You mentioned aching ears in your OP.... I was dealing with that for this past week and left my left HA out for about 4 days.... ugh. I have black and silver hearing aids with glitter ear molds.... they sort of don't pop out at you (no color), and if they DO the glitter makes them not look old and medical... not that theres anything wrong with that, but if you're going to have to wear them at least be interesting lol.

You mentioned aching ears in your OP.... I was dealing with that for this past week and left my left HA out for about 4 days.... ugh. I have black and silver hearing aids with glitter ear molds.... they sort of don't pop out at you (no color), and if they DO the glitter makes them not look old and medical... not that theres anything wrong with that, but if you're going to have to wear them at least be interesting lol.

Ikr, my molds are clear, not very interesting there, as the for the alarm clock, when I'm at home, I have 4 dogs to wake me up (Especially the two of my stepmothers), it gets annoying, they wake me up in the early hours of morning and then they go back to bed. It's freezing in my dorm room, but the heat won't turn on unless it's below 50 >.< And it's right at 50, and least I'm leaving in a couple hours to go home for the winter break.

Ikr, my molds are clear, not very interesting there, as the for the alarm clock, when I'm at home, I have 4 dogs to wake me up (Especially the two of my stepmothers), it gets annoying, they wake me up in the early hours of morning and then they go back to bed. It's freezing in my dorm room, but the heat won't turn on unless it's below 50 >.< And it's right at 50, and least I'm leaving in a couple hours to go home for the winter break.

My first 2 years living in the dorms I was at the University of Arizona (the desert!) I so miss it.... but they kept the AC FULL blast..... it was really cold and annoying inside, but the window open was beautiful most days. I'm currently in Upstate NY and I'm working next to a fire on my laptop under a heated blanket..... heated blankets are the best! haha

What dogs do you have? I have black labs.... My dog is Karma and the other is Pearl.... Karma was supposed to be named Carmen after an artist who painted in black and white, painting what she heard (Karma is a hearing dog) but everyone heard Karma instead of Carmen so it stuck. Pearl is my mom's dog but she's living in Shanghai so she's a "rental pup" :) They're sisters from the same genes but one litter apart.

What are you studying in school?

My dog is named Autumn (Auttie) and she's a black doxie, My stepmother also has a doxie named Winston (named after Sir. Winston Churchill), but he's red, and my dad has a cream colored Doxie named Scrappy (Scrappy Doo). My stepmothers other dog is a year old white Pitbull who is 140 lbs and she thinks she's a lapdog <.<

And I'm studying History. I'm home now, until the 5th of January.

My dog is named Autumn (Auttie) and she's a black doxie, My stepmother also has a doxie named Winston (named after Sir. Winston Churchill), but he's red, and my dad has a cream colored Doxie named Scrappy (Scrappy Doo). My stepmothers other dog is a year old white Pitbull who is 140 lbs and she thinks she's a lapdog <.<

And I'm studying History. I'm home now, until the 5th of January.

That's a massive pit!

My dogs think they're lap dogs too.... 80 lbs each... and my cat thinks he's a shawl. My white hoodie right now is COVERED in fur..... so it goes :)

What type of history is your favorite? I loved art history.

"That's a massive pit!" <end quote from above>
I love bullies, work with many at animal shelter.

I immediately thought so too:wave:

I took art history in high school and enjoyed it. I like history in general - with my learning disability in math, things like history, social sciences, are my stronger subjects.

My Rottie females think they're lap dogs too...we enjoy all sitting on the couch together.

She's gotten a big lighter though, and she doesn't think she's a pit, she thinks shes a doxie just like the rest of them. And she defiantely has a mind of her own. She does what she wants to do and when she wants. And not to mention she's loud, very loud, especially if she's sleeping with her head on my lap and she hears a dog bark on tv.

How do you guys cope when the closed caption doesn't work on the t.v sometime or if certain movies don't have it?

She's gotten a big lighter though, and she doesn't think she's a pit, she thinks shes a doxie just like the rest of them. And she defiantely has a mind of her own. She does what she wants to do and when she wants. And not to mention she's loud, very loud, especially if she's sleeping with her head on my lap and she hears a dog bark on tv.

How do you guys cope when the closed caption doesn't work on the t.v sometime or if certain movies don't have it?

When I know something doesn't have CC sometimes it's possible to a) find the cc on an app on your phone and watch a movie anyway (I like "Subtitles") or b) watch the movie as a mp4 file in VLC player with an srt file.... you can add your own.

Otherwise your SOL. lol

I'll have to try that, even though I can hear the t.v, I get so frustrated when it's not on, because by the time that I understand what's going on, that scene is already over. The CC and Subtitles helped me to learn how to read from a young age.

And hearing loss isn't the only thing I have to live with (other than the vision and my glasses), I was also born with the genetics "disease" called hidradenitis suppurativa. My genes just hate me. :/

Last edited:
Back