New to this site Alldeaf.com

Alouise

Reaction score
Hello:wave: everybody, I am new to this site. I had been to other website called deafpals, however, it seems not everybody comfortable or lack of not knowing how to use it. I find some deaf sites aren't user friendly and not very easy at glance to any users. I found this site Alldeaf.com don't show members where as the deafpals does show members. Teach me something that I don't know then I can share my knowledge with u all. :)

Hello there Keenan, I am okay. Just trying to figure out this site. I was born deaf at birth due to German measles. Since then, I was fitted with a hearing aid and went to oral speech program and gone to mainstream in integrated school with the hearing world mixed with hearing impaired students. I had done thousands sessions of speech therapy training. So u have an idea of my upbringing. Later all of sudden at age 24, I started to experienced a total impact of losing my ability to hear any more sounds with a hearing aid. After a through tests and founds the hair follicles in the cochlear stop amplify the sounds. I become silence for almost 10 years with any supported assistive devices of any kinds. I was at a point where I begun to get tired of speech reading and comprehension of what other people are saying to me which overwhelmed me that at night time I am tired. I decided that I want to hear the love of the sounds again that I was a good candidate to get a cochlear implant. After all that per/post surgery procedure and it went successfully. So here I am back to hear the beautiful voices , sounds, etc. I am able to function normal and to be independent again. I am able to talk on cell phone . So that about sum it all up of my story.

Back