New Supporter from Canada!

JandD

Reaction score
Greetings,
I am new to AllDeaf. My name is JandD and I live in Canada. I am really excited to be given the opportunity to be apart of this supportive and amazing deaf community forum. I am not deaf myself, but, I want to learn more about the deaf community and deafness. I am here to share my experiences with others, gain knowledge from the experiences of others, make new friends, be a positive role model and inspiration for others in the deaf community, and help people who are struggling with being deaf and need someone to talk to.

Thank you,
JandD :)

Greetings,
I am new to AllDeaf. My name is JandD and I live in Canada. I am really excited to be given the opportunity to be apart of this supportive and amazing deaf community forum. I am not deaf myself, but, I want to learn more about the deaf community and deafness. I am here to share my experiences with others, gain knowledge from the experiences of others, make new friends, be a positive role model and inspiration for others in the deaf community, and help people who are struggling with being deaf and need someone to talk to.

Thank you,
JandD :)

I think Botti will want to read this.

What made you interested in deaf issues etc?

Hello!
Who is Botti?
Well, I am interested in deaf issues, because unfortunately, people in the deaf community aren't always treated the same as a non-deaf individual, and I believe in equality.

I think Botti will want to read this.

What made you interested in deaf issues etc?

Who is Botti?

She is a member here, extremely intelligent and perceptive with a wicked sense of humor. Sometimes people post things and delete them before she gets a chance to see them. (Can you believe it, she has a life? Sometimes she even sleeps. Hours away from AllDeaf. Hours!)

Why do you think you can be a role model and inspiration for deaf people?

Well, I would love to chat with her and get to know more about her then! I think I can be a role model and show people that no matter what shape, form, intelligence, or conditions and diseases you have, we all should have equal rights and be treated with respect, love, and equality.

She is a member here, extremely intelligent and perceptive with a wicked sense of humor. Sometimes people post things and delete them before she gets a chance to see them. (Can you believe it, she has a life? Sometimes she even sleeps. Hours away from AllDeaf. Hours!)

Why do you think you can be a role model and inspiration for deaf people?

:welcome:

Have you read thru any of this forum before joining?

I think I can be a role model and show people that no matter what shape, form, intelligence, or conditions and diseases you have, we all should have equal rights and be treated with respect, love, and equality.

Agreed about respect, equality, etc., although I always think of the phrase "role model" to mean someone who shares a particular characteristic with the person/people they're a role model for. Idea being that there is identification with the role model, and also the role model has actually lived through the same kinds of experiences that they have.

My sense is that most people aren't looking for a role model. But who knows. I've been wrong before. I think once back in 92. There was the time in 87 when I thought I was wrong, but I'd made a mistake. Not sure if I should count that one as 2 or 0.

I am here to ... help people who are struggling with being deaf and need someone to talk to.

When you think of deaf people, do you usually imagine that they struggle with being deaf?

Well, I would love to chat with her and get to know more about her then! I think I can be a role model and show people that no matter what shape, form, intelligence, or conditions and diseases you have, we all should have equal rights and be treated with respect, love, and equality.

:wave: What is your shape and form, then?

You don't know the first thing about Deafness and about our Deaf Culture. I agree with Reba that you should have read all the comments on AllDeaf forum. I don't think there is equality and acceptance having us being Deaf or Hard Of Hearing people. We tried being in the hearing society. A lot of hearing society don't accept us for workplace and colleges except we can go to the Deaf program colleges like Gallaudet Univerisity in Washington, D.C. in USA.

You have lot to learn about us if you read all the comments here on AllDeaf forum. Welcome and see you around here. :wave:

Oh, by the way. I was from Ontario, Canada for 18 years and now back in USA. :)

Back