New Netsky32 computer virus

Kalista

Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a new computer virus circulating called Netsky32. If you receive any ZIP file attachments please delete the messages and do not open the attachments

I am sick of virus ! :madfawk:

Um... that doesn't help. What kind of email should we look out for? I get a lot of ZIP files here at RIT related to classes and work.

Symantec (Norton Anti-Virus)
W32.Netsky.C@mm
Discovered on: February 24, 2004
Last Updated on: February 25, 2004 12:09:24 PM

W32.Netsky.C is a mass-mailing worm that uses its own SMTP engine to send itself to the email addresses it finds when scanning hard drives and mapped drives. This worm also searches drives C through Z for the folder names containing "Shar" and then copies itself to those folders.

The Subject, Body, and email attachment vary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:
Symantec Consumer products that support Worm Blocking functionality automatically detect this threat as it attempts to spread.
Rapid Release virus definitions version 2/24/04 rev 32 (60224af or 20040224.032) and greater detect this threat.
Symantec Security Response has developed a removal tool to clean the infections of W32.Netsky.C@mm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Known As: W32/Netsky.c@MM [McAfee], Win32.Netsky.C [Computer Associates], W32/Netsky-C [Sophos], WORM_NETSKY.C [Trend]

Type: Worm
Infection Length: 25,352 bytes

Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
Systems Not Affected: DOS, Linux, Macintosh, OS/2, UNIX, Windows 3.x

Sabrina said:
There is a new computer virus circulating called Netsky32. If you receive any ZIP file attachments please delete the messages and do not open the attachments

I am sick of virus ! :madfawk:

Its not ZIP, its any attachments.

Click LiveUpdate of your anti-virus program.
Yeah I am sick of virus, too

Last edited:
DeafSCUBA98 said:
how u know? if u don't have virus?

:deal:
Systems Not Affected: DOS, Linux, Macintosh, OS/2, UNIX, Windows 3.x
He is bragging that he uses a Mac and that PC users have to suffer the most! There are more virus that ruin PCs than there are virus for Macs!

So, yeah.. his computer is safe. That braggin' bastard! ;)

It a worm W32/Netsky32-C is spreading across the internet via emails, kazaa networks and the ICQ chat system using SMTP engine

antivirus

My PC got infected with that virus yesterday but I can't remove it. :(( What should I do to get rid of it? Should I change my security software? Someone suggested me to do so and use one from this list of the best 10 antivirus software. But I am not sure if I should do that. What's your advice.

My PC got infected with that virus yesterday but I can't remove it. :(( What should I do to get rid of it? Should I change my security software? Someone suggested me to do so and use one from this list of the best 10 antivirus software. But I am not sure if I should do that. What's your advice.

Go to safe mode and start full scan, AVG and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will do job.

MS Security Essentials cannot be installed in safe mode so use AVG instead.

Back