New here

Yeah just like sticking a hearing aid in their ear and magically they're all caught up in the grade they didn't pass !
LOL You get it. Oralists seem to think that all you have to do is stick a hearing aid or a CI in a kid's ear, and put them in therapy so they can go boo be bah really well, and everything will be NORMAL. That's the most important thing... to be NORMAL AS POSSIBLE, without acknowledging that specialized methdolgies, techniques, and a variety of social, educational and life experiances (not just the kneejerk of the Mainstream, as thou it's Some Glorious Utopia) can be really really useful too.

LOL You get it. Oralists seem to think that all you have to do is stick a hearing aid or a CI in a kid's ear, and put them in therapy so they can go boo be bah really well, and everything will be NORMAL. That's the most important thing... to be NORMAL AS POSSIBLE, without acknowledging that specialized methdolgies, techniques, and a variety of social, educational and life experiances (not just the kneejerk of the Mainstream, as thou it's Some Glorious Utopia) can be really really useful too.
I lived it ...

I have no idea what universe you are living in. What teacher or therapist thinks that if a child can say nonsense syllables and then things are finished? What professionals are arguing against teachers of the deaf, SLPs with training in hearing loss and accommodations for students who need them?

I have no idea what universe you are living in. What teacher or therapist thinks that if a child can say nonsense syllables and then things are finished? What professionals are arguing against teachers of the deaf, SLPs with training in hearing loss and accommodations for students who need them?
The AVT approach maybe? The AVT approach is even anti CART, or closed captioned. It is a VERY ablist approach implying that the only good approach is to function as normally as possible. Also, if AVT worked, then a teacher of the deaf and SLPs would not be needed.

The AVT approach maybe? The AVT approach is even anti CART, or closed captioned. It is a VERY ablist approach implying that the only good approach is to function as normally as possible. Also, if AVT worked, then a teacher of the deaf and SLPs would not be needed.
I am a auditory verbal practitioner. I have never seen anyone argue against captioning, ever. I have never seen anyone propose that a student go without an accommodation that they need. Why would there be live captioning at every single A.G. Bell event?

Back