New and hearing

art.genius11

Reaction score
I took ASL in high school and interpret, but I have a hard time understanding what is being signed to me though (I know it's weird). I just recently noticed my hearing is not as great as it should be, I have my phone settings louder, people need to repeat themselves more frequently, and noises I should be hearing I don't. I'm a little worried but I would like to get better at ASL and understanding it.

I took ASL in high school and interpret, but I have a hard time understanding what is being signed to me though (I know it's weird). I just recently noticed my hearing is not as great as it should be, I have my phone settings louder, people need to repeat themselves more frequently, and noises I should be hearing I don't. I'm a little worried but I would like to get better at ASL and understanding it.

First things first, I'd make an appointment to see a doctor to rule out infections, head colds or whatever, then made an appointment with an audiologist. Even if you're not hearing impaired, it's always good to have your ears checked every year to be sure you're healthy and all is well.

Laura

First things first, I'd make an appointment to see a doctor to rule out infections, head colds or whatever, then made an appointment with an audiologist. Even if you're not hearing impaired, it's always good to have your ears checked every year to be sure you're healthy and all is well.

Laura

Thanks Laura

My fiance is making me, I'm just worried what they're gonna tell me.

Thanks Laura

My fiance is making me, I'm just worried what they're gonna tell me.

Don't get ahead of yourself. Sometimes these things can be caused by allergeries, infections, etc., so don't worry until after you have reason. Assuming you do have some loss, and many people do given exposure to loud noises, concerts, construction, and city life - remember that hearing loss can be greatly helped by the hearing aids on the market today. In the grand scheme of life, there are far worse things to be dealing with that are significantly more life altering. Stay positive. :)

Laura

Back