need some help

David L

Reaction score
I have a deaf employee. Very good young man. His job entails him working alone in buildings sometimes in the basements. There is been an occasion that the fire alarm has went off and due to him being inside of a large air conditioning unit working he could not see the strobe lights nor hear the audible alarms. is there a device made that my company can purchase that he can set beside one of the audible alarms and he wear some sort of sensor that will flash and vibrate if it senses an alarm? I have looked everywhere and have found nothing. This equipment has got to be robust and easily portable. Please help me.

I have a deaf employee. Very good young man. His job entails him working alone in buildings sometimes in the basements. There is been an occasion that the fire alarm has went off and due to him being inside of a large air conditioning unit working he could not see the strobe lights nor hear the audible alarms. is there a device made that my company can purchase that he can set beside one of the audible alarms and he wear some sort of sensor that will flash and vibrate if it senses an alarm? I have looked everywhere and have found nothing. This equipment has got to be robust and easily portable. Please help me.

Firstly let's sort out the obvious are there alarms throughout the building from basement to the top? If so and that is not close enough to him there are surely devices that he can have near himself. Like for example I have a Safe Awake that does exactly this in case I cannot hear the alarm(s) in my house.

Is the alarm system set up to automatically page anyone? At my hospital we have a system that pages certain people automatically when certain alarms go off. In this case it could be as simple as a pager with vibration that he could carry.

I have not looked but am wondering if there is not an app the would set of the flash and/or vibration on a cell phone as just about everyone already has a cell phone. I know other kinds of notifications (like incoming calls and text messages) can be set to do so.

the alarm systems can't be setup to page there are to many buildings. the buildings have alarm systems top to bottom. the problem i see with an APP is that in the basements you can lose cell service. Can another just tell me some names of systems that may work. I will check the Safe Awake that Freindlyguy wrote of. I am new to this and want my employee protected.

Back