Need help - VIDEO [CC - English]: Around The World - First Bosnian Sailing Expedition

Nebojsa

Reaction score
Hello to all,
My name is Nebojsa Stanojevic, "originally" from ex-Yugoslavia, now Bosnia, moved to Cape Town '92 when war started in my country, and now "no fixed address", I live on a boat, S/Y Cybele, Endurance 35, currently in Puntarenas, Costa Rica.
From May 2005 till June 2006 I sailed from Croatia to Thailand, "eastwards", on Dufour 29 (yes 29ft, 50 liter diesel, 70 liter water tank. From Sawakin (Sudan) to Salala (Oman) I was part of first Vasco da Gama rally ( Vasco da Gama Yacht Rally) to pass through "Pirate Zone" in a group. It was great experience, but also dramatic one. One French boat (part of Vasco da Gama rally), S/Y IRIS, burned and sink in Eritrea, three other boats (part of Vasco da Gama rally) hit reef, but fortunately, because we were part of group, no lives were lost. I also filmed all the trip and made 24 half hour episodes for Bosnian TV.
The reason why I am writing here is that I would like to use Close Captions for deaf and hearing impaired people in my country, but as I don't have any experience with CC and in our country I could not find anybody to give me suggestions about it, as we never had programs with CC (only presenter in a small corner using sign language), I would like to ask all of you for any input and suggestions regarding CC.
I made one episode in English with English CC for you to see and to give me some guidelines how it SHOULD be, as I know it is not "correct" CC ( I hope you will also enjoy just watching it). I am aware that there is a lot of text, but I use lot of voice over...
Any help will be appreciate.

Best regards
Nebojsa Stanojevic
www.putokosvijeta.com [ putokosvijeta = aroundtheworld ]

google video link:
Around The World - First Bosnian Sailing Expedition / PROMO reel

:ty:

Video

Hi,
for some reason my video was not working last 48 h, but now it works again. I don't know why. Sorry for inconvenience .

Any comment is welcome
Neb

Watched the entire video which is an enriching and well documented--getting a 'feel' or closer look at different parts of the world. The video itself made quite an impression for the appreciation of how others live and where they live. As for the 'CC' and voice-over, it is done well and definitely will reach those who otherwise can't hear. Since this video touches many different parts and areas of the world, perhaps having an option where sub-titles is presented for those who may not hear/read english. Other than that, the overall time put into this and the quality of this video is superb and thanks for sharing it with AD'ers.

:thumb:

~RR

Watched the entire video which is an enriching and well documented--getting a 'feel' or closer look at different parts of the world. The video itself made quite an impression for the appreciation of how others live and where they live. As for the 'CC' and voice-over, it is done well and definitely will reach those who otherwise can't hear. Since this video touches many different parts and areas of the world, perhaps having an option where sub-titles is presented for those who may not hear/read english. Other than that, the overall time put into this and the quality of this video is superb and thanks for sharing it with AD'ers.

:thumb:

~RR

Thank you very much for taking your time to watch and write to me :bowdown:
I do want to put as much CC in diferent language as possible, and there is option on G Video to have ON/OFF CC and multilanguage CC. My big concern was amount of text in CC ( I know every word by hard, so it is not problem for me, but others have to READ all that text. I can't remove (make it shorter) text because I will loose what I want to say, but also I don't want to "terrorize" others either. Any suggestion how I can solve this problem?

again, THANKS VERY VERY much for your time and input
best regards
Neb

Back