Nature pics

Rio

Brady lady
Premium Member
Reaction score
snowcaps.jpg

I couldn't resist sharing the pic of the snowcaps on the local mountains. I walked outside for the mail and this is the most snow I'v seen on the mountains.

If you have pics to share in your area or vacation of any nature please share!

That's a beautiful pic for sure, Ocean... very beautiful.. woudl make nice desktop wallpaper.. except for the lines in the pics.. the ones going from left to right on the mountaintop area...

Wow...aren't those the mountains in northeast of Los Angeles area...aka Angeles National Forest? That is a beautiful backdrop!

PelicansDSC00710012809wed-1.jpg

About: Pelicans land on the water when I return to the dock on a boat. They expect to be fed while cleaning the fish from the days catch. There is a small island across the water from our marina where the pelicans live and have their babies. Funny, when baby pelicans are first learning to land on the water they are comical as they tumble across the water. Looks like they broke their neck. When they surface from being under water they just shake it off, they are fine. I notice that whenever pelicans are around, there are no seagull birds. Anyone know the diffence between the yellow head and brown head pelicans? (I'm not telling, hehehe) I think the pelicans tell the seagulls, stay away from our food and babies and we will not swallow you whole with one fast big gulp!
(the one half of the shutter lens did not open all the way, as there was sand in it, the black triangle on the lower corner of this pic.

I'm trying to get a pic of a baby dolphin. Why? When baby dolphins are first born, they do not know that they are supposed to come to the surface for air. So, mommy and daddy dolphins take turns tossing them out of the water so the newborns can breathe/get air until they learn themselves. My problem getting a pic of one is that it happens so fast. So now I carry a video camera with me, maybe I can video one of 'em. It looks like the baby dolphin is going "weeee" as he/she is being tossed in the air by his loving, caring parents. Sure looks funny, though.

here's some I can share with you guys. Note that they aren't my property. feel free to use them as a wallpaper if you prefer. I collected these many many years ago.. like 7-8 years and I forgot where it came from.

beach.jpg

canyong.jpg

desert.jpg

forest.jpg

island.jpg

mountain.jpg

sunset.jpg

waterfall.jpg

winter.jpg

yosemite.jpg

One of my favorite pictures would be this one. It's along the Great Ocean Road in Australia near Port Campbell (very lovely place). It's most famous for the 12 Apostles! Those rocks here are called: London Bridge :D

JamieLynn

ETA: That's my picture! (just wanted to clarify it)

Juneau, Alaska

This is my old apartment's backyard. I took this picture in 2008 before I flew down to Florida in July 2008. :)

Love the Pelican picture. I love to be around water. I will post a few pictures soon.
Happy Friday everyone!

One of my favorite pictures would be this one. It's along the Great Ocean Road in Australia near Port Campbell (very lovely place). It's most famous for the 12 Apostles! Those rocks here are called: London Bridge :D

JamieLynn

ETA: That's my picture! (just wanted to clarify it)

wow beautiful picture...

I took some pictures of Great Ocean Road - 12 apostles when I was in Australia with my family during winter 2000/01.

Juneau, Alaska

This is my old apartment's backyard. I took this picture in 2008 before I flew down to Florida in July 2008. :)

:ty:Maria, very breath taking pic of your old apt backyard.

Dreamfloatjoe, lovely pic of the pelicans and the brief description of them. It would be nice to see the baby dolphin pics of you can capture and share with us.

Jamielynn, very nice pic of Australia. I love water pics :)

Back