My Jeep Wagoneer hard at work....

what I was hoping to see in this thread

That's what I was expecting to see, too! Not a stroller-turned-luggage-carrier. :lol:

In any event, the stroller is awesome, and it sure does get the job done right! :)

New version of Jeep Wagoneer

Big_15cca9_260259.jpg

I've had a '77 Wagoneer, '89/'91 Grand Wagoneer, '77 and 2 '79 Cherokees. 1981 Cherokee too. What about you?
my last jeep was a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, had it until 2002. Used as a daily driver and for snow.
Before that was an 88 Jeep Wrangler. That was my daily driver yet ready to hit the trails. Equiped with 6 inch lift kit, warn winch, KC light bar, nerf bars, tube bumpers with brush gaurds and KCs for even more lightighting. owned it from 1990-96.

Also during that time frame (1990-1996) was 1979 Cherokee Chief. Only street legal enough to get me to the trails. That was loaded with custom roll bar, bumpers, warn winch, nerf bars and so on. That had a mild 6 inch lift. sold it in 96.

Another for about 6 months in '91, was either an 81 or 82 Cheif. I can't remember well which year, as I had 12 cheifs to use for parts that were all 81-82. the doors, fenders, hood and tailgate were all from different jeeps, so I painted the rig with rattle cans turned it into a cammo paint job. I think the finished titled Cheif was an 82. Shortly after my friends built it, like a week, I rolled it the first time on the trails. drinking and off roading, :roll:

My first jeep was a 1983 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. It was loaded with every factory option, even CB. bought it in '89 sold it in 92 or 93.

Other rides I've had:
1977 Harley Davidson Sportster
1994 Kawasaki Kodiak 4x4 400
1977 Chevy Camaro
1978 Chevy Camaro
1966 Chevy Chevelle
1966 Chevy Impala
1966 Chevy Caprice
1978 Chevy Blazer
1980 Ford Mustang
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

I was young, single, great job, all my friends were mechanics and a family friend owned an auto salvage yard. :cool2:

more recent ride that were not a beater or soccer-mom-mobiles
1974 Ford Ranchero
and
1939 Chevy Panel

Oh man.............are we gonna talk about ALL the 4x4's or just the Jeeps ? This might require a new thread !

yep. Dude, your rides rock! :wave:

I used to love off roading! my back is screwed up now, so had to give it up.

@ C.C. Sinned

I used to love off roading! my back is screwed up now, so had to give it up.

Just a thought on this..........but the coilover shock technology is beyond insane these days. Running coilovers with air bumps, GOOD seats, even at speed, the bumps just fade away.

I will have to take a test ride in a rig with that kind of set up, have to find someone in nepa.

After 5 back surgeries it may not make much difference.
embarassed.gif

I will have to take a test ride in a rig with that kind of set up, have to find someone in nepa.

After 5 back surgeries it may not make much difference.
embarassed.gif

Not going to argue there ! I know the way I am caged when I did the tube work on the TubeTJ is overkill, but after one very severe head injury I cannot deal with another.

I am still in the tuning stages of my suspension on the TJ, I still need a 40" spare on the back and a full fuel cell to see where I am at. RADFLO coilovers, FOX nitro air bumps, 28" in the rear, 16" in the front. Will flex out at 53" total with the 40" LTB's. I also stretched it to 112" WB. Full width on the 60's. CURRIE sways F/R, so far it is like a cadilac on a smooth road over large whoops. I am no where near done. I need the weight on the rear to get my bias right. If I give it too much gas right now, in HIGH range even, it will torch the 40's and thats with detroits F/R

Not going to argue there ! I know the way I am caged when I did the tube work on the TubeTJ is overkill, but after one very severe head injury I cannot deal with another.
You stay safe and don't get hurt again.

I am still in the tuning stages of my suspension on the TJ, I still need a 40" spare on the back and a full fuel cell to see where I am at. RADFLO coilovers, FOX nitro air bumps, 28" in the rear, 16" in the front. Will flex out at 53" total with the 40" LTB's. I also stretched it to 112" WB. Full width on the 60's. CURRIE sways F/R, so far it is like a cadilac on a smooth road over large whoops. I am no where near done. I need the weight on the rear to get my bias right. If I give it too much gas right now, in HIGH range even, it will torch the 40's and thats with detroits F/R
kneelsuckers.gif

damn what a set up, I would love to see that in action.

did you mention the powertrain on another thread? I must have missed it

what are you planning to do for the weight on the rear?

I am going to put a GO-PRO in the TJ, then two more on the suspension during high speed tuning. I will post the videos when I get them done.

As far as the weight goes, with the spare in place and the fuel cell loaded, I will set my spring bias, then my shock valving will need to be tuned along with the nitro pressure. I need to compensate for fuel consumption. At a little over 6lbs/gallon on fuel, I will carry 20.2 gallons loaded, burning to around 2 gallons if I truly push it. I NEVER want to cut it that close, but it is a reality that could occur. That is just over 108lbs change that could occur while on a single run. I am 120 on my tender coils and 140 on my bottoms in the rear. I believe that will set me fairly close to start. The front is good, but I am close to bricking the tender, that is ok, I NEED it to be progressive as I compress into the bumps, I have the weight of the engine/winch/sheet metal to contend with.

I know what everything you said means. :)

And you will never be done with it. :D

IF I did this right.................and that's a big "IF", an excellent quick video capture of KOH

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuCZ75q0dSg]King of the Hammers 2012 - "Rise of the East" Trailer - Ultra4Racing // HeavyMetalConcepts - YouTube[/ame]

Back