My introduce

deaff

Reaction score
Hey everyone here. I am SARAH from Canada. I was born complete deaf and i live very a silent world.... and now I 24. I starts learn American sign language at 7 so very good but slowly been use English since i been mainstream through school.I had itinerant teacher of deaf. My friend who I met online this week who very is nice guy from a game shows me this forum and looks good. I . Welcome :) and thats my introduce

hello welcome to alldeaf,

where you live Canada? close province?

Hey my name is Sarah. I said the first few ;letter of my favouite movie monstersinc mon is first 3.. I were nervous siad name but i will lol

Hi Sarah. So I guess not French after all. Hoping you enjoy Alldeaf. :wave:

Yeah I dont know any French. I know sign language and some of English. I forgot say that at my last post woops lol

Hey all, I'm her friend that she met online. I told her about this forum community. She never knew a large deaf online community existed, so I thought she'd like it here. We've been helping each other out with understanding the differences in each others lives since I can hear and she cannot, I've been helping her understand the formatting of verbal english, as well as uncommon words, abbreviations, lingo, slang, and audio to text type sounds like 'ugh', 'bleh', 'ummmmm'. It makes me happy knowing I could help her out with all of this, that way we could understand each other more.

if you were born completely deaf, (no benifit from CI or HA) why didn't you learn Sign sooner?

I didn't feel like it when I were younger since i deicide not communicate at much except writing at others but i decide at age seven to learning sign and it were at the time I had speech therapy so i learn from it too.

I didn't feel like it when I were younger since i deicide not communicate at much except writing at others but i decide at age seven to learning sign and it were at the time I had speech therapy so i learn from it too.

but you're totally deaf.... how would you even HOW to use written English without the bridge to ASL or previous exposure to oral?

if you were born completely deaf, (no benifit from CI or HA) why didn't you learn Sign sooner?

Yes what are you means ?!! hmm!!! I before on CI and HA I speaking oral I tell you I am experience before I sign languiage learn many times I learn it :)

welcome.

what game are you playing, or met online a friend who told you about this forum?

i do fsl but not sure if candian same...if you go paris go deaf cafe all french and arabic sign.this good deaf forum better than english ones..i would thought candian sign would be bsl not asl

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

caz12 said:
i do fsl but not sure if candian same...if you go paris go deaf cafe all french and arabic sign.this good deaf forum better than english ones..i would thought candian sign would be bsl not asl

Canada and the USA both use ASL. In French Canada we also use LSQ - which is "Sign Language of Quebec" (the province with the highest French population in Canada).

While both ASL and LSQ have their roots in LSF (French Sign) they have evolved to be their own languages.

it do sound more common sense do asl should do bsl in canada to.. LSQ like welsh sign very few use it

Back