Motorcycle get high emission than car.

Do ALL two stroke require mix oil and gas together?

I never heard of 2 stroke engines that takes straight gas, there are
some system that mix gas and oil automatically.
Reason for gas and oil mix is because it goes though crankcase which needs oil and these engines don't have valves like four stroke engines have.

The advantage of two stroke.is that there is no valves, it can go higher rpm without blow up result more horses and can be in any position while four stroke can't.

Last edited:
I never heard of 2 stroke engines that takes straight gas, there are
some system that mix gas and oil automatically.
Reason for gas and oil.mix is because it goes though crankcase which needs oil and these engines don't have valves like four stroke engines have.

The advantage of two stroke.is that there is no valves, it can go higher rpm without blow up result more horses and can be in any position while four stroke can't.

Exactly, I love my ex LawnBoy mower. I can not find any LawnBoy mower w/ 2 stroke engine in SoCal in about 10 years ago because they were not met California emission requirements, only in 49 states. I feel like I buy it from other state, transport to California but the stateline inspector might detect it. Dang.
Yes, I suspect the moped bikes have automatic mixtures. I remember in 12 years ago at the gas station, we sell 2 cycle oils, today is no longer to sell anymore. Bad news for the moped bikers.
The oil/gas mixtured inhales into the crankcase to lubricate the ball/needle bearings and piston.

Exactly, I love my ex LawnBoy mower. I can not find any LawnBoy mower w/ 2 stroke engine in SoCal in about 10 years ago because they were not met California emission requirements, only in 49 states. I feel like I buy it from other state, transport to California but the stateline inspector might detect it. Dang.
Yes, I suspect the moped bikes have automatic mixtures. I remember in 12 years ago at the gas station, we sell 2 cycle oils, today is no longer to sell anymore. Bad news for the moped bikers.
The oil/gas mixtured inhales into the crankcase to lubricate the ball/needle bearings and piston.

How about move out California and no more headache from CARB? :) :giggle:

I am seeing more lawn equipment such as Weed Eater, Leaf Blower, Snow Blower ect moving to 4 cycle because of Ethanol in gasoline and lower emission. I'm sure there are 4 cylinder mopeds already out. So why bother trying to sneak in 2 cycle lawnboy to So Cal. you just use 4 cylinder lawnboy and use E85 as its fuel. I experiemented several years ago and it was successful and smells nice.

You ever wonder how can 4 cycle weed eater get lubrication, It have shallow and narrow oil pan and the bottom of piston arm have extended bolt on flange that "splashes" oil to lubricate moving parts inside. Believe me, if you go to Lowes hardware store and go to Leafblower section, You'll see one new 4 Cylinder leaf blower and take a good look at its engine.

Catty

That would be an interesting LawnBoy with the 4 cylinder engine. :shock:

4 stroke scooters has been around for a good while, done seen and rode em back in '80.

As for weed whacker, 4 stroke come out not long ago maybe 5 years ago I don't know. I have one, and it has been great. Its longest I ever own and still works while the rest of 2 stroke POSies that I owned already long gone.

I am seeing more lawn equipment such as Weed Eater, Leaf Blower, Snow Blower ect moving to 4 cycle because of Ethanol in gasoline and lower emission. I'm sure there are 4 cylinder mopeds already out. So why bother trying to sneak in 2 cycle lawnboy to So Cal. you just use 4 cylinder lawnboy and use E85 as its fuel. I experiemented several years ago and it was successful and smells nice.

You ever wonder how can 4 cycle weed eater get lubrication, It have shallow and narrow oil pan and the bottom of piston arm have extended bolt on flange that "splashes" oil to lubricate moving parts inside. Believe me, if you go to Lowes hardware store and go to Leafblower section, You'll see one new 4 Cylinder leaf blower and take a good look at its engine.

Catty

Catty

I have no idea how do they lubricate the crankcases when turning the tiny 4 cycle engines upside or downside. LawnBoy? This 2 stroke LawnBoy mower outpower than any small 4 cycle engines of the lawnmowers. I think my ex LB mower's engine was about 4HP, can be equal to 2 Briggs & Stratton engines, cuz of high torque and can cut tally grass easy. LB mower's body was made of aluminum and lightweight. I want it too bad before they are gone soon. I see they are in Midwest or Southeast. I maybe buy a good one there and bring to California. EPA? No problem, they won't bother me and LawnBoy mower.

That would be an interesting LawnBoy with the 4 cylinder engine. :shock:

whoa, not to 4 cylinder engine, I think you confuse with 4 cycle (4 stroke) and 4 cylinder. The 4 cylinder is the number of the pistons used in the engine....
4 cycle (4 stroke) is the engine have intake stroke, compression stroke, power stroke and exhaust stroke.
I won't buy a new LawnBoy mower with 4 cycle engine. Sux. My wish list for lawnmowers is 2 stroke LawnBoy mower and Trimmer front throw 25 inch reel mower.

whoa, not to 4 cylinder engine, I think you confuse with 4 cycle (4 stroke) and 4 cylinder. The 4 cylinder is the number of the pistons used in the engine....
4 cycle (4 stroke) is the engine have intake stroke, compression stroke, power stroke and exhaust stroke.
I won't buy a new LawnBoy mower with 4 cycle engine. Sux. My wish list for lawnmowers is 2 stroke LawnBoy mower and Trimmer front throw 25 inch reel mower.

Because you hate to do maintenance?

4 stroke scooters has been around for a good while, done seen and rode em back in '80.

As for weed whacker, 4 stroke come out not long ago maybe 5 years ago I don't know. I have one, and it has been great. Its longest I ever own and still works while the rest of 2 stroke POSies that I owned already long gone.

Unless you clean out the carbon build up in the exhaust ports and mufflers of the 2 stroke engines. They are the most main problems. The tiny 2 stroke engine have more carbon build up faster than the large 2 stroke engine such as LawnBoy mower. Anytime you won't start the 2 stroke engine, you first to check IS exhaust system for carbon build up, clean the exhaust port and muffler or replace but most mufflers have 2 piece and allow to disassembly for clean the carbon build ups, reuse the muffler. But some 2 stroke engines have problems with fuel systems. My ex LB mower was very easy to start, just one pull and the engine flared up, nothing to change oil, Just change spark plug and clean exhaust port and muffler. That is it.

I have no idea how do they lubricate the crankcases when turning the tiny 4 cycle engines upside or downside. LawnBoy? This 2 stroke LawnBoy mower outpower than any small 4 cycle engines of the lawnmowers. I think my ex LB mower's engine was about 4HP, can be equal to 2 Briggs & Stratton engines, cuz of high torque and can cut tally grass easy. LB mower's body was made of aluminum and lightweight. I want it too bad before they are gone soon. I see they are in Midwest or Southeast. I maybe buy a good one there and bring to California. EPA? No problem, they won't bother me and LawnBoy mower.

Did you know that two cycles are short live than four cycles and 2 cycles are poor fuel efficiently and poor oil efficiently than four cycles?

Get John Deere! My John Deere L120 with OHV is 22 hp! I thought you love OHV. :hmm:

Unless you clean out the carbon build up in the exhaust ports and mufflers of the 2 stroke engines. They are the most main problems. The tiny 2 stroke engine have more carbon build up faster than the large 2 stroke engine such as LawnBoy mower. Anytime you won't start the 2 stroke engine, you first to check IS exhaust system for carbon build up, clean the exhaust port and muffler or replace but most mufflers have 2 piece and allow to disassembly for clean the carbon build ups, reuse the muffler. But some 2 stroke engines have problems with fuel systems. My ex LB mower was very easy to start, just one pull and the engine flared up, nothing to change oil, Just change spark plug and clean exhaust port and muffler. That is it.

What' happen with ex LB mower?

Because you hate to do maintenance?

No, I have to maint my lawnmowers to keep my lawns clean. Most demanded maint my lawnmowers is Trimmer front throw reel mowers. I want 25 inch Trimmer reel mowers why? One trimmer reel mower is for scalping the lawn to close to the dirty like remove old dead thatch common on Bermuda grass. Other 2nd trimmer reel mower is for fine tuned mower to mowing the Bermuda grass as fine golf course turf. But I can use 20 inch rough Trimmer reel... For fall to early spring I use a rotary mower to mowing the tally grass.

What' happen with ex LB mower?

I thought you read my post here. How? Seized piston. I remembered I came home from summer job (high school freshman day), saw the front lawn were mowing half of the entire lawn, sounds like my little brother did mowed but I knew he used straight gas in my LB. 100% sure. My little brother came to me, I can't start it. I hold my angry management at him. I told him Do not touch my mower, and explained to him this LB mower uses oil and gas mixture. If you use straight gas and will damage the engine. He said sorry. I trashed it away. Broke my heart. I've not touch any 2 stroke LB mower since 1975. I want to put my hands on the handle of the old LB mower and feel the powerful 2 stroke engine running before I dies.

I thought you read my post here. How? Seized piston. I remembered I came home from summer job (high school freshman day), saw the front lawn were mowing half of the entire lawn, sounds like my little brother did mowed but I knew he used straight gas in my LB. 100% sure. My little brother came to me, I can't start it. I hold my angry management at him. I told him Do not touch my mower, and explained to him this LB mower uses oil and gas mixture. If you use straight gas and will damage the engine. He said sorry. I trashed it away. Broke my heart. I've not touch any 2 stroke LB mower since 1975. I want to put my hands on the handle of the old LB mower and feel the powerful 2 stroke engine running before I dies.

I don't know that's SAME one your brother killed it with 100% gasoline. Sorry about it.

Did you know that two cycles are short live than four cycles and 2 cycles are poor fuel efficiently and poor oil efficiently than four cycles?

Get John Deere! My John Deere L120 with OHV is 22 hp! I thought you love OHV. :hmm:

Short live? Read my post #52. According to my lawnmower repair background in my early teenager days. If you are not proper with oil/gas mixture ratio in 2 stroke engines they are more likely to be short live. Easy to fix is clean the carbon buildup in the exhaust port or muffler cuz the restricted exhaust system causes the incoming air/fuel mixture will not enter the intake port.

Short live? Read my post #52. According to my lawnmower repair background in my early teenager days. If you are not proper with oil/gas mixture ratio in 2 stroke engines they are more likely to be short live. Easy to fix is clean the carbon buildup in the exhaust port or muffler cuz the restricted exhaust system causes the incoming air/fuel mixture will not enter the intake port.

I had weed eater with 2 cycles and it's won't start after around 2 years old and I removed exhaust ports and muffler even replaced the new spark plug. (spark is okay) then tried to start and no luck. Fuck it then we using electric weed eater with two batteries and we love it so much and no more refill, no maintenance, no pull, and very light weight.

Also we had snow blower with 2 cycles and it's died to me after 5 years. So We got snow blower with 4 cycles and I am very happy with it. I don't mind about heavy.

Yes, 2 cycles is short life to me. Remember my area is -20F to 105F.

I just google for prove that 2 cycles is short life.

What is the Difference Between a Two Stroke and Four Stroke Engine?

Faster wear and shorter engine life than a four stroke due to the lack of a dedicated lubricating system.

Difference Between Four Stroke and Two Stroke Engines | Difference Between

Therefore, that it generates more pollution. And also most of the two stroke engines experience a faster wear and a shorter engine life

Read more: Difference Between Four Stroke and Two Stroke Engines | Difference Between

I just found it something interesting about gasoline (or it is diesel since it's glowplug but it dont make sense to me) I know my friend who dirt motorcycle racing and it's gasoline only. that 4 is better than 2 for high rpm, more HP and more torque . Is it true? I don't know.

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2012/02/faceoff-two-strokes-vs-four-strokes

2stroke-4strokegif.gif

I am not sure that twostrokemotocross.com is TRUE or not.

Last edited:
Back