mom of a 6 year old and 7 week old both with hearing aids

There's always summer camps and things like that.....in fact, Aspen Camp School for the Deaf and HOH offers a Family Camp where families can learn ASL!
Family Connections Camp | Aspen Camp of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Is there a chance you guys could move? I know MN School is one of the ones that is more academic. Plus the early grades at deaf schools are AWESOME!

Thank you deafdyke for the shout out! We're really excited about our Family Connections Camp and are looking for more families this year. If you know of anyone, please tell them to apply. We have scholarships available for those who can't afford to come. We strive to make sure deaf children and their parent get the support and resources they need.

Good luck Suzanne. We can see that you are on the right track, not that there is a wrong track! If you need anything, you can email us at info@aspencamp.org.

Hi im kinda in a similar situation at the moment my boy is 5 has been aided for a year and half ge has very little speech grunts and growls we have just been advised that he would be a candidate for ci but time is not on our side for him learning to talk. Im not realy in a position to give advice but support is alway good for me its a relief to know im not the only parent scared of making a decision that my boy will have to live with

I have a daughter 6yr. who has a mod/severe loss in one ear and severe/profound in the other. My son who is 7 weeks old has severe/profound in both ears. sensorineural loss .......he will be fitted with his aids in 5 days. They say he qualifies for a CI. I would like to see him succeed with just aids. Is that possible with his severity? My daughter has great speech but at times misses the small key words that form a complete sentence. her reading skills are great with time and more reading her sentences are becoming more complete. But with him Im worried is anyone able to give advice ? I did some sign with my daughter and she still uses it today. of course he will be taught sign aswell but I as a parent need to learn ASL completely for us to communicate with him when he has no aids in. Anyone with this severity or knows someone with this severity please feel fre to write. thank you

I have bilateral sensorineural loss, mod/severe in the left and severe to profound in the right. I'd recommend Widex Super 440 rather than go the CI route. At that range, there's still a lot of benefits from hearing aids and Widex is one of them. Phonak is another...

Laura

Back