Mental Illness - To Keep Kids Or Not?

^Angel^ said:
In my opinion, if the mother is ' Mental Illness ' should NOT allow to have any children or if she does then she WOULDN'T be able to take care of them or give them alot of LOVE!....

It could put HER Children at RISK!... :thumbd: ...

Amen! :mrgreen:

^Angel^ said:
In my opinion, if the mother is ' Mental Illness ' should NOT allow to have any children or if she does then she WOULDN'T be able to take care of them or give them alot of LOVE!....

It could put HER Children at RISK!... :thumbd: ...

Yeah, look at Andrea Yates who guilty of capital murder for drowning her five children in a bathtub. She had been on medication to treat postpartum depression for the past two years, since the birth of their fourth child.

I wish, her mother in law would arrive that house earlier to save those adorable five children. :tears:

http://www.courttv.com/trials/yates/031802_ap.html

Yates could have faced the death penalty based on the two capital murder convictions for the drowning deaths of Noah, 7, John, 5, and 6-month-old Mary. Evidence also was presented about the deaths of Paul, 3, and Luke, 2.

Yates, 37, will have to spend at least 40 years in prison before becoming eligible for parole.

Do you think, she should be in the prison 40 years or death penalty?? I accused her husband, Russell because he has no advocate or concern or call her psycharist for advise before he went to work.

Russell Yates told "The Early Show" that "I think I have to" sue those responsible for her medical care. He contends that she was wrongly taken off antipsychotic medication before the killings.

"She was never diagnosed, she was never treated and they didn't protect our family," he said.

I am not sure what Russell do with his wife, Aurea. He did not call the psycharist immediately or his Mom to come over his house earlier. If, he feels funny to observation his wife's behave abnormal ??

Attachments

• yates_headgraphic.jpg
    yates_headgraphic.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 19
Oh my God... :tears:
poor innocent children...

Those situation makes me feel sick.... :tears:

I hope the law goes improve to protect the children from mental illness parents...

Ohhhhhh My God!!!!.... :tears: ...What a beautiful Children...They're soooooooooo INNOCENT!!...This is sooooo sad!!....These children do not deserves this punishment ....that inculding all the children in this country!...This is such a HEARTBREAKER story! :(

Woman jailed to save triplets

A pregnant heroin addict's 27th arrest has prompted a Lawrence judge to order the homeless woman held on bail at MCI-Framingham to protect her unborn triplets due in three months.

"If she wants to poison her own body that's one thing, but assuming what is in the police report is true, she's affecting three other people," District Court Judge Allen J. Jarasitis said last week as he set bail for Christien Rivera, 24, at $5,000 cash.

The state has already taken custody of Rivera's first three children, including a girl who tested positive for drugs within hours of her birth in 2002, Lawrence police said.

The family of the girl's father has expressed interest in caring for her, but her half-brothers, born in 1998 and 2000, have been adopted by other people, said Denise Monteiro, a Department of Social Services spokeswoman.

"Everything possible was done to try to reunite the family," said Monteiro, who also said Rivera has tried but failed rehabilitation.

Police arrested Rivera Thursday after she allegedly asked a plainclothes officer for a ride to a dealer, who gave her some crack, which she offered to share with the officer for $10, police said. After searching her, officers also allegedly found a bag of heroin.

Rivera's lawyer, David E. Timmons, asked Jarasitis to place her under house arrest as an alternative to bail because her high-risk pregnancy requires weekly medical visits, according to the Lawrence Eagle-Tribune.

"(Her) biggest concern is the care of her children," Timmons said.

Prosecutors recommended $10,000 cash bail instead, citing her history of roughly two dozen defaults, said Steve O'Connell, a spokesman for the Essex County District Attorney's Office.

http://www.milforddailynews.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=43731

Back