Ladies...(men too (?)..do you paint ur eyebrows?

rockin'robin

Reaction score
My eyebrows are very blonde. Many times I was told, paint ur eyebrows, it would make them look better....All my sisters paint theirs, even my mother did, a very black color. When I tried to do that, I looked like a "clown"!...

And since I have semi-oily skin, sometimes the eyebrow color will rub off very easily, leaving one eyebrow half-painted.

Also, one sister uses an old toothbrush and brushes her eye lashes daily. She has very long eyelashes, and uses heavy mascara (black)....whenever I use mascara, it smears...as I forget that I have it on and whenever I rub my eye, and then have a black eye.....

Make-up sucks for me!

monobrow.jpg

Do I look like I need to dye my eyebrows?

My eyebrows are naturally brown with some white hairs mixed in. I use a medium brown eyebrow pencil to even out the colors so that the white is not as noticeable.

I've never seen anyone paint their eyebrows. What kind of paint do you use that is safe for eyes?

I'm assuming the "paint your eyebrows" is the same as using an eyebrow pencil.

I've never used that myself, so I don't know. I have strawberry blonde hair (and eyebrows to match.) So, the redness in the hair makes the eyebrows stand out enough (but not very much) but I find it to be good enough, I suppose.

My eyebrows are naturally brown with some white hairs mixed in. I use a medium brown eyebrow pencil to even out the colors so that the white is not as noticeable.

I've never seen anyone paint their eyebrows. What kind of paint do you use that is safe for eyes?

:laugh2:....I didn't mean house or spray paint...of course, an eye-brown pencil paint....Usually, I get the question, "why don't you paint ur eyebrows?"...(meaning using an eyebrow pencil, different colors)...Even light brown eye brow pencil is too dark for me. I've also tried Champagne.

Robin, I found that eyebrow pencils do not work for me (the result does not look natural) so I use a very light brown eye shadow and a small eyebrow stila to add a little color. The result is much more natural looking and it never smudges/smears. Also a good waterproof mascara will not rub off and leave you looking like a racoon :D.

Nope, mine are very dark.,... :( sadly I have to have them waxed or I get a big uni-brow!

no, my eyebrows match my natural hair color- dark brown. i keep them groomed regularly.

there was a time when i had to use an eyebrow pencil because someone waxed my eyebrows and made them too thin. i ended up looking like a chola!! :mad:

Robin, I found that eyebrow pencils do not work for me (the result does not look natural) so I use a very light brown eye shadow and a small eyebrow stila to add a little color. The result is much more natural looking and it never smudges/smears. Also a good waterproof mascara will not rub off and leave you looking like a racoon :D.

I do this, too. I have long eyebrow hairs, but they are still a little sparse in places. A little brown eyeshadow is just subtle enough to fill in where needed.

I saw an older woman today with VERY dark hair and VERY dark, heavy eyebrows (dyed). Yikes! She really needed an appointment with a tweezers before she went crazy with Miss Clarol.

I usually only wear tinted moisturizer (spf extra heavy duty), a light mascara, black or clear, and that's it. When I "doll up" I add a bit of blush, lip color and put eye powder on my brows. When I go very fancy I add eye liner.

I cant do the pencils because my red hair is gray and rust now, quite light. The pencils make me look very surprised! lol

^^^It's hair. You can dye it. It looks more natural when your eyebrows are in the color range of your hair.

Yep. I can't stand dark brows with blonde hair. It works for some with fine eyebrows which I have, but I have seen a woman with platinum blonde hair, with jet black eyebrows that look like two mustaches. No bueno!

Back