Introducing deafteen

Flashback To Oral Abuses....

Roadrunner said:
Hello and welcome to Alldeaf deafteen! Not sure how well you're able to lipread now, but if you were to take some one-on-one lessons with a speech therapist to help recognize how some sounds/letters are formed and being able to more easily see the various patterns of how the mouth moves when forming words, letters, thus enabling to lipread more proficiently...also, even being in front of a mirror and say the letters-words so you can readily recognize them once someone else does such words/letters. ;)

Anyhow, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD and have a good one now! :)

:shock: :eek2: :cry: :barf:

It is a reminder of when I was in oral school many years ago. They did abuse when I refused to lipread. I was NOT interested in oralism or lipreading. They forced me and "brainwashed" me to follow oralism. I was unhappy. I liked to sign and wanted to use ASL. They screamed at me when I refused to talk. They were mean and selfish. One teacher had a wooden ruler and slapped 10 times each hand for my stubborness in using sign language at oral school. Ugh! Don't ever tell any Deaf how they lipread or any of that stuff. We are happier using ASL. It is our language and our culture.

Thank you!

:fu2: to oralism....

:gives:

hey sorta

wel-comE to AD, dnt ye worry abt ingish, im not spared ether....Er

have a great timE
Yea, thanks u too.

It is a reminder of when I was in oral school many years ago. They did abuse when I refused to lipread. I was NOT interested in oralism or lipreading. They forced me and "brainwashed" me to follow oralism. I was unhappy. I liked to sign and wanted to use ASL. They screamed at me when I refused to talk. They were mean and selfish. One teacher had a wooden ruler and slapped 10 times each hand for my stubborness in using sign language at oral school. Ugh! Don't ever tell any Deaf how they lipread or any of that stuff. We are happier using ASL. It is our language and our culture.

Thank you!

uh, i feel sorry for u :( . They're all such a asshole. *Shoots an nuclear bomb into that place*

Edit: Corrected my grammer.

Hey guys, instead making a new thread to fill up server's disk space... ill just use my existing thread. Im making this post to let ya know that im back and start kicking and posting some thread. I've been busy with my school and temporary jobs. Im probally still am but got the time to chat with yah.

Oh yah, my aduolist (i cant even spell this right... Help here? plz lol) said that my left earing is dying (meaning my ear is becoming more profound) due to damaged structure in my ear. isnt that a great news?! Anyway lol im just let ya know that im back.

If yah bored, maybe u coulda watch my updated signature's show?

:welcome: to AD! Enjoy your stay here. :)

Here's a can of Troll Spray to help you deal with some of the trolls that lurk here.

And welcome!

Richard

Attachments

• trollspray.jpg
    trollspray.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 1
:welcome: Back To All Deaf deafteen!!
I wasn't a member when ya joined.
I know how life can be & keep ya busy:)

Thx Yall
also thank u for a trolls spray can but i dont know whos the trolls.... lol

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Have fun browsing and posting! :)

Back