Interested in the deaf culture and people

I am wondering, do a lot of hearing folks come on here with the goal of proselytizing? Why do they seem to think Deaf folks are all eager beaver to "git right" with their particular ideology?

I didn't ascribe to that particular ideology when I was a Hearie...why should it be any different now that I'm Deaf?

I just want to let you all know that I'm NOT going to push any of you and I'm truly wanting to make friends. I know with out a doubt that deaf are very smart people. There is nothing intellectually wrong with a deaf person. And as for the one that is Jewish. I'm not trying to start any problems or upset anyone so please don't think that. I'm just going to be straight forward with everyone. I'm a single parent at 21 and I'm not trying to push any buttons or hurt anyone. I'm just wanting some good friends to talk to.

It sound like you think we needs to 'be saved' and it come across as very arrogant to me. As you see yourself as be our savior, and I like I said I do not need to be saved . If you had not posted this ""The Lord has called me into the deaf ministry as a missionary. " I would had been more open to you. I see you as having only one agenda and that is to talk about your 'Lord' . I am sure if look harder you can find some forums that do not mind this.

And if I ever do needs to be saved I will call 911!

I am wondering, do a lot of hearing folks come on here with the goal of proselytizing? Why do they seem to think Deaf folks are all eager beaver to "git right" with their particular ideology?

I didn't ascribe to that particular ideology when I was a Hearie...why should it be any different now that I'm Deaf?

Poor little gimpies, their lives are horrible! You must have huge holes in your lives and feel so empty! God will make it all better! Especially if it's my god and my beliefs!

Plus, they are under the belief that they need to help the less fortunate. We are considered less fortunate! Sadly, their help rarely comes without contingencies, namely proselytizing, plus pitying your situation and pitying your lack of belief in what they believe.

Poor little gimpies, their lives are horrible! You must have huge holes in your lives and feel so empty! God will make it all better! Especially if it's my god and my beliefs!

Plus, they are under the belief that they need to help the less fortunate. We are considered less fortunate! Sadly, their help rarely comes without contingencies, namely proselytizing, plus pitying your situation and pitying your lack of belief in what they believe.

Oooookay. How ****ed up. I don't feel any different without my hearing than I did with it. I am not less fortunate just because I am Deaf now. That really irks me that hearing people have that attitude that just because a person can't hear that their lives are any less rich and fulfilling.

I know I get these 'looks' from people when I sign to them sometimes. They look like they are constipated and can't get that turd out....but I am guessing it is one of those, "Oh you poor thing" looks. I know how to talk...I just prefer not to. Because if I do talk then they seem to think I have mental retardation or Downs or something. :roll:

Oooookay. How ****ed up. I don't feel any different without my hearing than I did with it. I am not less fortunate just because I am Deaf now. That really irks me that hearing people have that attitude that just because a person can't hear that their lives are any less rich and fulfilling.

I know I get these 'looks' from people when I sign to them sometimes. They look like they are constipated and can't get that turd out....but I am guessing it is one of those, "Oh you poor thing" looks. I know how to talk...I just prefer not to. Because if I do talk then they seem to think I have mental retardation or Downs or something. :roll:
I know that feeling, all too well. Just because tou can talk, they think you can hear just as well.

When I first moved to my condo I was putting bread out for the birds and one of the trustees came outside and started to talk to then he noticed one of my HA and had that 'look' she is retard, and when the ass saw I had two HA he started looking really concerned like is she going to understand me and the ass started talking in a monotone voice o n e le t t er a t a time then he said "Do You understand me?" And I so badly wanted to tell the asshole
that I knew sign language then give him the finger ! and say " yes I understand that you're an idiot. "

When I first moved to my condo I was putting bread out for the birds and one of the trustees came outside and started to talk to then he noticed one of my HA and had that 'look' she is retard, and when the ass saw I had two HA he started looking really concerned like is she going to understand me and the ass started talking in a monotone voice o n e le t t er a t a time then he said "Do You understand me?" And I so badly wanted to tell the asshole
that I knew sign language then give him the finger ! and say " yes I understand that you're an idiot. "

Oh..gods...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH! :rofl:That is just TOO funny.

Also, going into any group like you did, saying that you want to minister to them, is going to get you a very similar standoffish response. You just don't do it that way.

Back