I'm new here and I would like to stay

Danny D

Reaction score
My name is Danny Di Nunzio. I am hearing, but very interested in A.S.L. i would like to get to know more about the community, and ultimately learn the language.

if anyone could maybe help me out or be friendly about me entering this community i would greatly appreciate it.
and no, thsi is not a homework assignment. I am seriously interested in learning asl.

Hi Danny. I am hearing too. What made you interested in the Deaf community? And how are you thinking you'll try to learn the language? Are there classes in your area that you can take?

Hi Amy and Danny, I too am hearing, I go to VCC for ASL (This isn't a homework assignment), I'm actually new to the area and looking to make new friends. I'm assuming you both sign as well?

Hi Nico, yes I sign. What classes have you taken so far?

Hello Amy, what made me interested in the deaf community is that i have a really good friend whom both parents are deaf and use A.S.L. to communicate.

Nico, I myself, just started to learn how to sign, but unfortunately i do not know of where i can go for classes so i am teaching myself.

Hey Danny,

Normally I tell people that it's urgent to take classes if they possibly can, because it's so easy to teach yourself wrong. But since you have a close friend who is fluent, maybe they can catch your mistakes. Just try things out on them as you learn - if they don't mind. Or their parents, maybe even better. If *they* don't mind. Just let everyone know you welcome corrections:)

Back